C H A P T E R 12

Ever since my father told me that he's going on vacation with us, I haven't spoken to him nor my mother. He wasn't here for fourteen years, and now what? He's coming on a trip with us? Something seems a little different recently.

My mum has actually been talking to him and whenever I enter the room, they change the subject. I told Mason that my father will be coming, and he was all for it cause he wanted to make a good impression. I don't even know why, It's not like his opinion matters to me anyway.

Mason and I are meeting up with Jasmine and Mike today, and Mason is beyond stoked about meeting the famous Jasmine and another guy. He keeps texting this like; What should I wear ? Will they like me? I couldn't stop laughing cause he was getting all worked up about meeting my friends.

"Hey shish-ka-bob," Mason greeted me, hopping in my car.

"Shish-ka-bob?"

"Your nickname," he laughed.

"Not in a million years will you call me that nickname again," I demanded, laughing.

"Whatever you say... shish-ka-bob." he teased, me driving down the street I live on.

"You nervous anymore?"

"I wasn't nervous, ever," he lied looking at the road ahead of us.

"Really? And I quote! 'Will they like me?' or 'What should I wear?' Ring a bell?" I laughed.

"Nope you must be seeing things," he denied, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Excuses," I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Lies you mean?" He smirked.

"Whatever you say," I winked.

"What did we say about winking. Just stop," He laughed.

"Sorry is this bothering you?" I laughed, continuously winking.

"I am about to pull over and tackle you," he threatened.

"I'd like to see you try," I laughed.

A second later he was pulling over to some field type of grass. I couldn't stop laughing when he got out the drivers seat and carried me out of the passengers side.

"Put me down," I demanded.

"I'll think about it," he smirked and tackled me to the ground. I shouldn't say tackled, he tickled me to the ground."Promise me you will never wink again."

"Not in a million years!"

"You asked for it," he warned and tickled my sides, me kicking him as the result.

"You are terrible," I laughed, once he was satisfied with my pain.

"Hey, I warned you."

"Mhm, well the fight isn't over," I smiled evilly.

"Wait, what do you mean?

I snatched the car keys from his hand and ran to the car, him immediately chasing me. But before he could grab me, I hopped in the driver's seat and locked the door.

He started dying of laughter and pounding on the window which only made me laugh harder. If anyone was watching us, they would most likely put us in a mental hospital.

When I say dying of laughter, I mean like tears streaming down our faces kind of laughing. After I finally calmed down  after five minutes of straight up crying, I unlocked the car and moved myself in the passenger seat.

"This is why we are best friends," he laughed, starting the car.

"Don't you ever forget it," I smirked, shaking my head.