C H A P T E R 53

Mason's POV

Bella claims she's fine; however I can see right through her and I can obviously tell she is everything but okay. I wish she could just relax and tell me what's on he mind because she doesn't feel that way alone, there's a reason why we're best friends.

At first, I did like Bella, more than a friend. Over the vacation in Florida, I was trying to distract myself by hanging out with other girls and I regret that. Right now though, she needs a friend more than a boyfriend.

Jake and her are cute together, but she's not herself with him and I hope she comes to her senses soon. Besides, I have another girl on my mind right now, and it's only a matter of time before I make a move...if only I wasn't a wimp to do it sooner.

My father seems to have taken a liking of Isabella. She probably reminds him of mom. That's one of the main reasons I approached her at the festival; she shares so many things relative to mom: some of her looks, her personality, her smile.

From behind, she looks like what my mother looked like when she was younger. So when my father looked at Isabella, he saw his wife in her and invited her in, hoping that my mom sent her as a blessing.

It's not everyday that you see your wife in a younger girl. Not in a creepy way,of course. Anyway, he wasn't the only one to approve of her, my aunt and uncle did as well; which is part of the reason why she was invited to the annual end of summer barbecue.

The game plan is that I will pick up Isabella from Luce's house and we will then go to my aunts and uncles house. We'll spend a few hours chatting, eating, and possibly dancing, if she is up for it. Then I'll be dropping her off on the way to Mike's, where the guys and I are hanging out for the night. Guys referring to: Mike, Jake, Caden, Seamus, and then myself.

Mike calls it "Guys' night" I call it "an excuse not to spend the night with your girlfriend", but whatever floats his boat.

***

"Isabella!" My father announced, approaching us as we entered the back yard.

"Hi David," Isabella greeted and was engulfed in a hug. "So nice to see you again," she smiled and returned to my side.

"We are about to get started with food, so please, make yourself at home," my uncle explained, Isabella nodding next to me.

"What's for good?" I asked Chace as we sat next to our family.

"The usual, burgers, hot dogs, potatoes," he stated. "The veggies and fruits are on the table and the drinks and desserts are over there," he added, pointing to the direction of the tables.

"Are we suppose to go up and help ourselves?" Isabella asked.

"Sure, is you want to get yelled at by my aunt," Chace laughed.

"My ain't usually names off the tables' numbers so the guests won't be cluttered. She's sort of a control freak," I explained, laughing.

"Sort of? If you're the term definitely," Chace mumbled, just as my aunt called for table four. Unfortunately, my brother chose table seven.

"Is it usually this packed?" Isabella asked.

"Are you kidding, hardly anybody came! We usually ahem twenty tables up and running; this year we only have sixteen," Chace explained, shaking his head.