C H A P T E R 47

"Yes, who might you be?" Mike questioned, rising from his seat.

"This is Josh, the other person involved in the crash," I explained, pointing at him with my thumb.

"I wanted to introduce myself and apologise for my carelessness," he said, scratching his arm, nervously.

"Apology not accepted, goodbye," Mike waved him off.

"Calm down Mike, he's being polite," Jasmine whispered, sitting up. "What's done is done, I'm not mad," Jasmine added, directing her attention to Josh.

"I realised that, but I thought it would be the right thing to do to check in on how you're holding up," Josh declared, swinging his arms.

"I appreciate it, I don't know who hit who; I could've hit you and you could've hit me, but I apologise for any inconvenience I have caused to you and your family," Jasmine apologised.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," Mike interrupted, tapping his foot.

"Shut up Mike," I snapped, earning a glare from him.

"Same here," Josh smiled.

"Glad we took care of that. How are you doing?" Jasmine asked.

"All stitched up," he motioned to arm. "The doctor just gave me the green light to go, but I just wanted to pop in before I go."

"That's great," Jasmine smiled.

"You know how long she's in the hospital for?" Mike asked, frustrated. "The remainder of the summer," he added, before Josh had the chance to say anything.

Enough of Mike's remarks, I grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the room.

"What is your problem," I barked, still having my hand gripped onto his arm.

"He waltz right in and expected everyone to be all jolly with his appearance. He's sickening," Mike answered, shaking his hand away from my grip.

"Your attitude is sickening. He's being polite and wanted To know how Jaz was doing, but your making it extremely uncomfortable for him. They both were involved in the crash, they both were guilty of what happened. I will bet that none of them walked out of their house that day and said 'I'm going to purposely hit someone today.' Knock it off, you're being extremely rude," I demanded and walked back into the room, leaving him in the hallway.

"I should go," Josh concluded, as I walked in.

"Already?" I asked.

"My family is waiting out in the car for me, they're probably growing anxious," he shrugged.

"Here's my number, call if you need anything," Jasmine quickly said, scribbling her number down on a napkin.

"Are you sure he'll be okay with this?" Josh joked, signalling to Mike who was pacing back and forth down the hallway.

"Who? Mike? He's a big boy, he'll be okay," Jasmine reassured, and Josh walked over to her taking the napkin.

"Thank for visiting," Jake smiled and offered a handshake.

"Of course," he nodded, shaking Jake's hand. "Wish you all the best, especially you," he added.

"See you soon," I waved.

"Thanks for the help," Josh thanked and walked down the hallway, avoiding Mike as best as he could.

"I need to get home and freshen up, I'll be back later," I said, gathering all my things together.

"Alright girly, see you later," Jaz smiled.

***

Walking into the house, the kitchen table was set and the smell of shrimp filled the room.