C H A P T E R 40

"You're kidding, right?" Seamus chucked. "You need new friends kiddo," he added.

"Did I miss something?" Mason asked, confused by everyone's expression.

"This house is owned by the Drake's now," Jake spoke, trying to make him understand without pointing out the obvious.

"I thought your father got a new house?" He asked, still oblivious.

"You smart one, her father passed," Seamus announced and got up. "Next time, know your facts before coming," he added and walked away.

"I have a feeling him and I will get on," Mike laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"Your father's gone?" Mason asked, with widened eyes.

"Uh... yeah he passed two days ago," I answered, disliking with my thumbs.

"Isabella, I'm soo sorry," he apologised.

"We get it babe. Your sorry. Now can we go dance," Nessa interrupted and pulled Mason to the tiled area where the adults were.

"I'm sure he meant well," Jake comforted, wrapping an arms around me.

"I know," I sighed and put my head on his shoulder.

I didn't expect Mason to know what had happened to Joe, but I didn't expect for him to ask about him in front of everyone. Going back to normal is going to be harder than I thought. Pushing it in the back of my head, I chatted with the others until dinner was ready.

"Hope you all love chicken," Mrs Drake smiled and placed the main course on the table.

"More than anything," Mike announced and was the first to dig in.

Mason say across from me and since hasn't stopped staring at me. I know he feels terrible about bringing up the subject, but he doesn't have to feel guilty. How could he have known?

We haven't talked lately so he thought Joe was doing well and living to the fullest; a misunderstanding is all it was, and I'm not mad or disappointed in him because he meant no harm.

If only he could drop this subject, but knowing Mason, he most likely won't.

"Mason? Yoo-hoo ,"Nessa sang, trying to get his attention but his eyes never left me.

"Excuse me," he mumbled and arose from his seat.

"Babe? Where are you going?"she asked, clinging to his arm.

"Let go," he stated.

"Where. Are. You. Going?" She repeated.

"None. Of. Your.Business," he replied and left through the front door.

Awkwardness and tension filled the room,is outburst stunning us all. Nessa didn't move and stood in the exact same spot until the ring door slammed shut. However, instead of chasing after him, she sat back down, pretending nothing happened.

"You have got to be kidding," Mike spoke, breaking the silence, directing his attention to Nessa.

"What? Hormones happen you now," she replied and shoved a piece of chicken in her mouth.

"Do you sit down and act perfectly fine with all of it?" He asked, staring her down.

"What do you want me to do? Cry and run after him? I'm a big girl, I don't get hurt easily," she sighed.

"Sure, you didn't look like that when I broke up with you," he revealed and followed Mason outside.

"I have no idea what he's talking about," Nessa argued.