C H A P T E R 13

If I had a dollar for every time Jasmine smirked at me yesterday, I'd be rich!

When Mason or Jake acted...strange, she would be the first one to point it out. We all went over to Mike's house afterwards. It was my idea cause I wasn't ready to face my mum or father yet. Not until the day we leave; I just want them to realize that I'd rather go without them. I love my mum but she agreed to this which means she's on Joseph's side.

I ended up sleeping at Mike's house along with Jasmine and Jake, but Mason had to leave. His father was getting worried about him. If only my father texted me, concerned. The rest of the night Jake and Mike were acting weird. Whenever I said something to them their answer was something like " yeah" and "probably". It bugged the crap out of me.

I arrived at my house a little while ago since Jasmine Mike and I went out to get some breakfast. Jake could've joined but instead went home. Mike explained that he wasn't feeling well but I knew something else was bothering him and that something bothered me too. Anyways, I am at the river right now since,(like I said before) I can't be in that house right now. This time I didn't bring my journal. I thought out loud.

Unfortunately, I was interrupted by a noise coming from behind the tree that the tire swing was hanging on.

"Who's there?" I panicked a little.

"Sorry did I sneak up on you?" Caden replied.

"Oh, hey Caden." I smiled." No your fine," I added.

"Mum and dad are fighting," he said with a angry but shaky voice.

"Already?" I widened my eyes.

"Have you met them? They are complete opposites!" He chuckled a bit.

"Is he still going on the trip with us?" I asked, hoping the answer was no.

"He says he is but don't get your hopes up."

"Trust me, he is the last person I want on this trip," I stated.

"So...who's Mason? Mum told me you were taking him," he smiled, and my heart skipped a beat hearing his name.

Why???

"He's a friend of mine who's free for three weeks," I smiled.

"Only a friend?" Raising his eyebrow.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" I threw my arms up in defeat.

"Because whenever someone says his name, your face beams with joy. He must make you happy, if just by saying his name, you get excited," he assured.

"I promise, we are best friends, nothing more," I quoted since that's what Mason said yesterday.

"Sis, I don't care if you like him, as long you're happy with him.Life has a funny way of working out just when you start to believe it never will," he stated, staring at me.

"Thanks big bro. Besides, when did you get so wise?" I laughed.

"I actually haven't talked to you for a while so you wouldn't know," he shrugged.

"Sorry I haven't been around for a while, I had a lot going on." I replied, remembering everything that happened with Payton.

"It's no big deal, I am not innocent either. Your room is literally opposite mine," he laughed. "Do you wanna go swimming?" His eyes sparked, this always happens when he has a stupid idea.

"In the river?" I question, raising my brow.

"Nooooooo, in the grass," he said sarcastically.

"Let me get changed."I smiled and ran up the pebble path.