C H A P T E R 21

Ever since Cece left, things have been different. Mason started to be himself again and we have been hanging out a lot lately. Doing activities like; swimming in the sea, shopping (getting kicked out of stores), watching movies at night ect. The only thing is that Jake and I haven't bee active. It's weird because whenever Mason and I are mad at each other or we are just not talking, Jake and I are close. But when Mason and I are best friends again he's quiet. Can I not have two guys at the same time? Is that too much to ask for?

My father and I are going to watch the sunrise today, as he promised. Everyone deserves a second chance but not everyone will agree with me, but think about it. If you were to do something so wrong and that person can never forgive you. How would you feel? You'd feel terrible and filled with guilt, right? You would want a second chance to make things right and do anything to fix the problem.

Everyone deserves forgiveness. Maybe not Payton, but you can't hold grudges against people, it won't fix anything. You might just make the person feel even worse for their actions on they way you are treating them.

Yes, my father did a terrible thing, leaving his family and I am not forgiving him just yet because it takes time to let everything go. He did make me cry so many times when he left and it did seem that he left because of me. But he did not come back to fix anything back then, I wanted him to stay away. But everyone needs a dad, weather you say you do or you don't.

We are leaving at five in the morning and taking a hike on the hill. He said the view is great there. No one will be back and by the time we get back, mt grandma will be making breakfast.

"You ready?" My father asked, knocking on my door.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I smiled.

"I left a note for your mother just in case she wakes up early, even though I highly doubt that," he explains, laughing.

"She's not a morning person," I said, putting my shoes on.

"Trust me, I know," he replied, me laughing along as we walked outside.

"How did you know that the hill had a great view of the sun?" I asked, putting my hair up in a ponytail.

"Believe it or not, I used to stay in this beach house every summer with your mother, grandfather and grandmother," he responded, looking quite happy but I could tell that he was hurting.

"What was my grandfather like back in the day?" I asked in a sad tone as I really didn't know my grandfather that well at all.

"He loved fishing and hunting. He practically lived on the boat and only came off for dinner.I would join him on some of his trips and we would just talk about random things. Your mother was pregnant with Caden one of the summers that we were there and I remember getting a call from your grandmas saying that your mother was in labor. I have never seen your grandpa drive a boat faster than that day; we were by the shore in less than five minutes and we weren't even near the sand. He was a brilliant man and loved to make everyone laugh," he smiled, remembering all the great memories with my grandfather.

"Was he funny?" A tear dropped from my eye, but I tried to smile.

"He was hilarious. You probably took it from him. If he noticed there was an awkward silence, he would crack a joke and make everyone laugh a hoe terrible it was. But some of his jokes were gold and that's how your grandfather and I grew close; from theses terrible riddles he'd preach. Your grandmother and him were a powerful couple; they would do everything together. She taught him how to crochet, sew, do laundry, etc and he taught her how to cook, play piano, garden and so much more," He spoke proudly, my grandfather was really special, especially to my father.