C H A P T E R 10 | He Broke Me

Bella's POV

I have been sitting on my bed, staring at myself for what seemed like forever. I just don't know what I did to Payton that would make her take something that is very close to my heart.

It's not my fault her friends don't like her. It's not my fault that her life is tumbling down. I would love to help her through this stage, but after what she did two days ago, we can't be friends anymore.

She probably read some of the pages in my journal, which means she knows things that no one knows besides Jasmine and Mason. She will probably tweet about it, which in her twisted mind means my life is over. Fun facts, nothing she can do can make my life miserab-

Ding, ding.

"Honey, can you get the door, I'm having a shower," my Mum shouted from the bathroom.

"Sure," I replied running downstairs.

I swung the door open and a male appeared. The thing is his back was facing me and his hands were in his pockets.

"Can I help you?" I asked, him turning around.

"Hi, I'm looking for Isabella Rodriguez," a tall bold, probably middle aged man said.

"Yes, I am Isabella, who's asking?"

"My name is Joseph Rodriguez," he introduced, making me look at him in confusion. "I am your dad," he added. The door slammed shut in his face before he could say anything else.

She succeeded, she did make my life miserable.

Why? Why does he need to show up now. I already have enough on my plate and I don't need to hear him beg for forgiveness if I re-open the door.

"Please Bella, can I come in?" He asked through the door.

"It's Isabella to you, no," I shouted.

Picking up my phone, I dialed Mason.He's the only person I talked to about my father. Not even Jasmine. She knows he's not in my life anymore, but she doesn't know the whole story. Only Mason does.

"Hey stranger, whats up?" He asked.

"Can you hurry over?" My eyes filled with tears and my voice turned shaky.

"Whoa, whoa, what's wrong?"

"My father, he's at the door," I explained, a sob leaving my mouth.

"I'll be right over," he stated, hanging up.

"I am not leaving until you open this door and let me explain," he begged, banging on the door.

"What's the point Joseph? You left me and my family, alone in mud, you don't get to come back whenever you feel like it," I yelled.

"What's with all the yelling?" My mum asked, coming downstairs in a towel and hair full of shampoo.

"Look for yourself," I replied, wiping my tears.

My mother looked through the peep hole and gasped, mumbling something under her breath.

"Joe, what do you want?" My mum asked, calmly. Way too calm for my liking.

"I just want to talk to our children," he stated.

"You had plenty of chances, I gave you soo many opportunities to come and talk to them, but you never did," she replied.

"When one of Isabella's friends came over to my house and told me she wanted to talk to me, I honestly thought she did," he explained.

"I want nothing to do with you, she came to you wanting my life to be miserable, we are not friends anymore, Joseph," I screamed.