C H A P T E R 60

I have been sitting on the bottom step of my stairs for the longest time now waiting for the party to wrap up. It is now nine o'clock and all I want to do is get into a nice warm bath and read a book. Can I have some sort of luxury? My thought are interrupted by a faint doorbell noise.

Please, no more guests.

Since no one else had the intention to open the door, I got off my butt and went to open the door. However, when I opened the door, the last person I imagined would be arriving, stood right in front of me.

"Grandma!" I announced and hugged her.

This caught the attention of my mother and brother, who, by the time I released her from my arms, were right beside me.

"What are you doing here?"my mother asked, clearly baffled.

"Thought I'd accompany Caden on his way to Florida,"she shrugged.

"I could've picked you up from the airport," my mother proclaimed, hugging grandma.

"No why would you do that, you're throwing a rager, at least it sound like one," she chuckled and kissed Caden's cheek.

"Its a going away party," my mother replied.

"Sure, let's go with that," she smiled and walked by us, joining the party.

"Did you know about this?" My mother whispered, turning towards Caden and I.

"Just as surprised as you are," I answers, crossing my arms.

"Great," My mother sighed, following grandma.

"She's not the one who has to sit next to her for several hours," Caden groaned, facing the wall and banging his head on the wall. After a few hits, he placed his cheek on the wall. "I love her to death, but she does not keep quiet," he complained, emphasising 'does not'.

"would you rather stay here with us?" I laughed.

"Can I chose none of the above," he mumbled, walking back to the party, leaving me to laugh by myself.

***

"Why don't you talk to him?" My grandma asked, struggling to sit on the step I returned to.

"I'm sorry?"I chuckled.

"You have been glancing at that guy with black haired, I think, who looks like he belongs to the modelling industry," she answered.

"No I haven't," I denied, sipping my drink.

"My bad, I meant staring," she corrected, nudging my shoulder.

"I don't know, I guess I haven't built my confidence up enough to get off the step," I shrugged.

"That's not what the issue is, is it?" She declares, looking at me. "I can see it in your eyes," she laughed.

"See what?" I wondered, shaking my head.

"Passion."

"You're wrong," I spoke, denying what she suggested. What passion?

"Am I?" She asked and patted me on the back before standing up. "He seems like a sweet boy and he sure talks like one too," she winked, making her purple eyeshadow smudge a little.

"You talked with him?" I gawked, with eyes and mouth wide open.

"He came up to me, said he knows my grandchildren and that I'm blessed with such an amazing family. However, as soon as I saw you two looking at each other, I knew he didn't mean family, he meant granddaughter," she explained, smiling at me as if I just did something amazing and she was proud of me.