C H A P T E R 45

Bella's POV

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Like I said before, no one can tell the future. You could win the lottery tomorrow, get accepted into a college or your life may come to an end. It's called reality and even though you weren't expecting it, it's bound to happen at one point.

Jasmine's mother called me yesterday and explained what had happened. It's the worse feeling when someone you care for gets hurt and I wanted nothing more than drive over to the hospital and visit her, but her mum said that she was going into surgery, so there was no point of coming if I wasn't going to see her. My eyes haven't left the phone, I'm just counting down the seconds till the stupid device ring so I could get my answers. I just want to make sure my best friend is fine.

Her mum called Mike and she told me he isn't holding up well. His voice was very shaky and it sounded like he was holding back a lot of tears. I have never seen Mike cry but I can only imagine what he must be feeling right now, probably devastated. I'm sure Jaz and Mike will make up soon, it's just a waiting game now.

Apparently the person who hit Jasmine is doing fine, just a few scratches and bruises. I'm thankful no one else got hurt.

"Hey sweetie, Jasmine's mum wants to speak to you," my mother called from downstairs.

I have never ran this fast in my life, I was next to my mother a seducing later.

"Hello, Mrs Mae. How's Jasmine doing?" I asked, panting.

"She's doing fantastic," she answered.

"That's great news," I smiled.

"The doctor said that she will be stable enough to have her arm popped back into its socket; so they're doing that in a few minutes. Visiting hours are open currently, so if you want to come say hi, you can," she explained.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes," I quickly replied.

"Oh and if you can, bring Mike. I'm sure he'd want to come along as well," she added.

"Of course, I'll pick him up on my way."

"See you in a little bit," she concluded, making the line go blank.

"I'm headed to the hospital," I said, grabbing my car keys from the hook that was next to the front door.

"Tell Jasmine I said to get well soon," my mother called as I was halfway out of the front door.

"Love you," I replied and closed the door.

***

As I turned the corner of the street Mike lives, I saw Mike standing outside his house, waving at me.

"Is she okay?" Mike immediately asked, hopping into the car.

"First, breathe. And second, the doctor said she'll make a smooth recovery," I reassured him, trying to calm him down.

"Oh my gosh, that's amazing," he sighed, as I could practically feel the weight fall from his shoulders to the car floor.

"I sent her a text that day," he mumbled, combing his hand through his hair. "What if the text I sent her distracted her from driving," he worried.