C H A P T E R 26

Feeling a sickness approaching has to be one of the worst feelings in the world. You can't breathe from your nose, your throat starts becoming scratchy, and you have a massive headache throbbing your ears.

It just ruins your next couple of weeks and you can't really do anything to prevent it from happening , you just take medicine to make the pain easier to deal with. But it doesn't help because no matter what medicine you take, the pain will always try to hurt you.

Dealing with a sickness is one of the toughest things to go through and it just so happens, that I will be going through sickness for my last week of Florida.

Yesterday night I couldn't even keep food down. Every time I would drink water, I would run to the bathroom five seconds later and it was unbearable that I took a sleeping pill to fall asleep faster.

Obviously the pill wasn't strong enough since I woke up at least five times to throw up. My grandma thinks it's food poisoning, but food poisoning wouldn't cause your whole body to go numb and make you want to rip your head off.

Jasmine is sleeping on the couch downstairs because she cannot stand the sight, or the smell of someone getting sick. I don't blame her, it's disgusting. I would do the same thing if it was her throwing up every hour. I am running on three hours of sleep, I cannot drink or eat anything, and I can barely get up without falling to the ground.

My father thinks it's the flu and I agree with him. This sickness comes every year at a random time and each and every time it does, I legit feel like I'm dying. It's even worse when I'm on vacation and want to enjoy the last week in Florida before going to rainy Minnesota.

"How are you feeling?" Jake asked, popping his
head through the door.

"Miserable," I smiled, eyes fluttering closed.

"You look like it," he joked.

"Gee thanks," I replied, weakly throwing a stuffed animal at him.

"You bought a panda bear with you to Florida?" He laughed.

"I actually won this for her at the fair, good memories," Mason interrupted, taking the panda from his hands and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I got to go, promised Caden I'd play video games with him," Jake explained.

"You just got here though," I frowned.

"I'll be back, don't miss me too much," he smirked, glancing at Mason as he walked out.

"What's his problem?" Mason asked. "Maybe his room is too depressing," he added, laughing.

"You try being this sick and make room room look alive," I argued.

"Opening the curtains and window might help," he winked, sliding the blinds upwards along the glass window. "Fresh air helps."

"Why wouldn't this wait until we get to Minnesota," I complained.

"Think about it this way, when you get back to Minnesota, you won't be sick anymore."

"I'd rather be in my own bed and be sick there rather than here," I moaned.

"Have you tried to walk?" Mason asked.

"I only walk when I run to the bathroom," I joked.

"That's technically not walking, that's running," he winked.

"Same thing."

"Not really, but okie dokie artichokie," he laughed.

"Artichokie?"