C H A P T E R 68

Everything with a beginning comes with an end. The first day of summer, I never pictured what the last day of break would be like.

I was caught up with the joy of being out of school, that I didn't care that summer was temporary because I was living in the moment.

Something people should do more often. Cause I'm the end, all you really have are memories and if you don't live each day to the fullest, those memories won't matter.

So many things happened over the passed three months: I met Jake, Peyton, Casey and Michael at the wave pool, passed out there. I met Mason at a fair cause of a stupid fight with Jake and Payton. Joe came back. Casey and Caden started dating, also I started having feelings for both Mason and Jake.

Mason met Cece during our vacation, where I also bonded with Jake more. I found out about Joes disease.

Of course, Casey cheated on Caden and then Mason met Vanessa (I have no idea what happened between them). Jake asked me out; Joe passed; I met the Drakes; Jasmine got into a car accident; I got kicked out the house.

Recently, I started having feelings for Seamus and...you know the rest. It's been a rollercoaster, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

The bonfire starts at five and it's currently four-thirty; Jaz and I, mostly me, have been buzzing around the kitchen making snacks and setting up a s'more station and drinks. Everything you picture at a bonfire, was at my house. We went ham.

My mother is outside, attempting to get the fire started. Jaz and I have been laughing watching her through the kitchen window. She has thrown as many branches and lighter fluid into the pit that she could even start a forest fire with that flame, that's how big it is.

I placed s'more ingredients on the platter and had set it on the kitchen table, next to the vase of flowers that is surrounded by candy and chips.

Jasmine did the decorating and organising, all I did was slap some food on a plate or bowl and handed it over to her, carefully of course. Her crutches made it a bit difficult, but she insisted on helping and I wasn't able to deny help.

"The fire pit is up and running,"my mother announced, walking into the kitchen and rinsing her hands in the tap.

"About time," I teased.

"Why don't you go and try to light wood, it takes skill," she explained, drying her hands with a towel.

"We believe you, we were watching you attempt to start it up," Jasmine chuckled.

"Alright then," she rolled sr eyes and sighed. "Go get ready and look...appropriately," she called as she walked towards the living room.

"Awe, she caught on to our plan of wearing matching bathing suits," Jaz whispered.

"Gosh, darn it," I sighed, laughing.

"Come on, let's get dolled up," Jasmine winked and started to head towards the stairs, her crutches helping her.

"Make sure to go up on your butt, wouldn't want you falling with your crutches," I insisted, walking right behind her.

"Yeah, yeah. You're so funny," she sarcastically stated.

"I know, I try," I winked and ran passed her, up to my room.

"Show off!" She yelled.

***

"You should wear this," Jaz suggested, holding a red summer dress that would've been just above my knees.

"That's cute," I gave a quick look at the dress but the continued to dig through my closet. "What about this outfit?" I held up some denim shorts, and a simple white crop top to match.