C H A P T E R 3 | Third Wheeling

"I'm Jasmine, and this is Isabella," Jasmine introduced us to the others.

"Bella is what I go by," I smiled.

"Well enough with the introductions, lets go swimming," Payton enthusiastically announced.

"I'll join you guys in a bit," I stated as all of them made their way to the pool.

Jasmine is such a charmer. She already attracted Michael and next will be Jake. Not that I'm jealous because I don't want anything to do with Jake or Michael, I'd rather not fall under any guys spell. I am sticking to my promise that I kept with my grandma.

I smeared the white lotion on areas that are easily sunburned and threw my hair in a messy bun as I made my way to the shallow area.

As I said before, I hate wave pools because you have no control of what others do. They could drown or float above you when your underwater and make you drown.It might sound crazy, but I've seen it in movies and I'd rather not test it in reality. When I was caught in my thoughts, Casey trotted over to me, fighting the small waves at her feet.

"Hey, you coming?" she asked as she tucked some hair behind her ears.

"Yeah, in a bit, I got to get used to the water?" I lied.

"You can't get used to the water if you not in it," she laughed, brushing her hair to one side.

"Yeah, I guess so," I shrugged.

"Come on," she smiled, leading me over to the others, stumbling a little bit over the water.

"Hey girl," Jasmine yelled over the screams of everyone jumping over the water.

"What did I miss?" I asked, finally reaching them, hopping in my tube.

"The same old crap I do," she shrugged.

"The waves are about to stop," Payton explained.

"Ah, came a little too late," I laughed.

"Just a little," she smiled, scrunching her nose.

"Watch out," Michael stated, standing on his tube about to surf the wave, but being screamed at by the lifeguards instead.

"Nice going bro," Jake laughed, giving Michael a fist bump.

"I am still going to surf, tell me when the lifeguard isn't looking," he stated, squatting at his flat tube.

"Now," Jake yelled, Michael riding the wave to the shallow end.

"He actually did it," Payton laughed, clapping her hands.

"And he didn't fall off," Casey laughed along.

"My turn," Jasmine screeched, hopping on hers before falling immediately in the water.

"You're an idiot," I laughed as the waves stopped.

"You go for it and try then," Jasmine stated, challenging me.

"Not in a million years," I started to back away.

"Ah, come on, try," Jake tried to convince.

"The waves already stopped," I pointed out.

"Fine, next round," he replied, smirking.

"And if I fall and crack my head of the pool floor, it's on you guys," I crossed my arms and stared at all of them.

***

"The waves are coming," Michael announced.

"Your time to shine," Casey smiled, helping me on the tube, steadily.