C H A P T E R 28

Throughout my high school career,not once, did I have a boyfriend or even a complication with a guy. Why? Like I said way back, I made a promise and I intend to keep it.

Unfortunately, that's kind of difficult when I have knowledge that one guy likes me, and the other one; well I don't know if he actually does. But I also not know if one of them is the one. I realise that I'm in high school, and half of the world doesn't marry the person they dated in school. But I want to be the other half and wait for the right one to come my way. And how do I know if Jake or Mason is even a consideration.

A month ago, I pushed my feelings away from Mason, but now Jake is in the picture and I'm even more confused that I was yesterday when I found this information out. It's a lot to take it,  I have never had two guys like me at the same time and they are both amazing friends.

Can I ever risk that for something that might not even last a year? Sure, they are both very attractive, but looks just isn't the key for me; personality is and I'm not sure that I'm ready to ruin one of our friendships for a crush. It's not how life works; at least not for me.

Now obviously, the minute I found this out, I called Jasmine. She is the one person who can calm me down and help me make decisions. She didn't help me at all though; the only thing she said was "I cannot decide who you like for yourself, follow your heart; who do you feel more comfortable with?" Which, don't why me wrong, is super wise, but I don't need wisdom right now, I need advice.

I feel so much more comfortable with Jake than Mason just because we've been friends for longer. Mason and I have been gotten super close, but he still has feelings for Cece, so how would that work? I told myself the day that I saw Mason differently, to knock it off. Ever since then, I never really considered us being a thing and I still don't.

Then there's Jake, I admit, I am drawn closer to him, but that's not because I like him. He's been there for me since that girl called me a Beyoncé wannabe, ever since then, we hit it off. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Do I have to choose? Do I have to have the title of a girlfriend? Do I need to? Urgh, where is Jasmine's advice when I need it the most.

"Come on, we are going to miss the sunrise," my father stated, handing me, my now filled, water bottle.

"I'm coming," I replied, tying my shoelaces and racing him down the stairs.

Every Saturday morning, we head over to the hill and watch the sunrise. This way we can get closer and talk; father to daughter.

"Got to keep up with time, I'm in the running mood," he teased, starting on the trail.

"Oh trust me, I can keep up perfectly fine. It's you who I'm worried about," I replied, smirking.

"I'll keep that in mind."

"So what's been going on with you?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"I might have just arrived in your life, but my father instincts are kicking in and obviously something is bugging you," he explained.

"Father instincts?" I laughed.

"Stop dogging the question," he replied.

"Promise not a word leaves this trail."

"Since when was I the one to blab other people's secrets?"