C H A P T E R 42

Best friends are lovely to have. It hurts admit that some of your closest friends now won't be in the picture when you're older. But that's okay, because if everyone stayed in each others life, the work would be boring.

Imagine if no one socialized with anyone outside of their group, it would be unimaginable clingy and we wouldn't advance our social skills. I'm not saying that all your friends will get up and leave you, but sometimes you just need distance.

My message is that some people are destined to leave, and if they walk out on a certain chapter, there's a whole book of people waiting for you to come across them.

"Hey girly," Jasmine stated, jumped by in my car.

"Long time, no talk," I smiled.

"I know, I've just been registering everything that went on," she sighed, combing her hand through her hair.

"Did I miss something?" I asked, stumped on what she might be referring to.

"Michael and Nessa," she whispered.

"Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about that that, I'm so sorry," I gushed.

"It's fine. I'm fine. It's just, why didn't he tell me sooner? She gushed.

"I'm sure there's a reason why he didn't tell you besides, it happened a while ago," I stated.

"You knew about it?" She wondered.

"Mike told me a couple of days ago when he came over," I shrugged.

"And you didn't tell me?" She spoke, obviously hurt.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't think it was worth telling, besides it was his story to tell."

"You could've told me, we tell each other everything," she mumbled.

"Look, I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, he broke up with her cause if her clingyness," I explained.

"Nope didn't make me feel any better,"she declared.

"What are you going to do?Have you talked to Mike?"

"No, if I talk with him, I'll forgive him right when I look him in the eyes,"she started, pressing her lips in a thin line.

"You don't want to forgive him?" I crossed my arms.

"Not right away,he made a mistake with not telling me. I don't want to make it seem like I'm okay with secrets," she rambled, tangling her fingers in her hair.

"In his defense, he was standing up for Mason, I think that is a bigger deal than admitting he used to date Nessa, besides, he's with you now," I smiled.

"Why are you always right?It's annoying. Right, I have to go and talk to Nessa."

"I'm sorry,what?" I asked, astonished. "Why would you want to talk with Nessa? Shouldn't you talk with Mike?"

"If Mike wants to keep secrets, I'll get all of my questions answered with Nessa. We were friends technically, I deserve some sort of reasoning," she sighed. "Drop me off at Mason's please."

"Why Mason's?" I asked, obviously nervous about seeing him.

"Nessa has been banging on his door for the past hour, she is bound to be there," she explained taking her phone out.

"How do you know she's been there all this time?"

"You know there's such thing called texting. Try it out sometime," she joked, waving her phone in my face.

"But what about the fast food?" I complained, waving at the restaurant we were about to gulf down food at.

"Take Mason," she shrugged. "You two need to talk,"with that she walked to my car and I followed.