C H A P T E R 19

"My hair is going to be sooooo ruined after this," Cece moaned, hiding under Mason's coat.

"Do you need a ponytail?" I asked, offering a hair tie to her.

"Ew, ponytails ruin my hair. I curled it today and it would just go frizzy," she stated, rolling her eyes.

"You want my sweatshirt that has a hood?" Mason offered.

"I thought you would never ask," she replied, rolling her eyes and snatching the hoodie out of his hand.

"Anyways, I brought fishing rods and worms for the fish," I told everyone.

"Worms are on this boat right nowww!" Cece screamed.

What's wrong with this girl.

I took a deep breathe. "Well, if we want to fish, we need something to draw them in with," I replied.

"Use make up or something, girl fish would come for that," she stated, looking quite serious.

"That's the funnies thing I heard all day," Jake laughed so hard he nearly cried.

"What? I would be attracted to make up; obviously you wouldn't be Bella, right?" She sharply spoke, Mason looking at me.

"No, but I will try make up at some point," I smiled, trying not to rip her head off.

"Makeup won't fix everything babe," she laughed.

"Lets go bait the fishing hooks," Jake interrupted but I wasn't done talking to Cece.

"You know what makeup does fix though? Imperfections, and honey you're wearing a lot of makeup," I winked and walked to the other side of the boat with Jake.

"You don't need makeup," he smiled making me feel warm inside.

"I know, I just said that to make Ma- Cece mad," I smiled, trying to recover from my mistake.

"And who curls their hair for a boat ride?" Jake laughed.

"And puts makeup on a fishing rod," I added, laughing harder.

"That girl is crazy," we said at the same time.

"Let's go back," I assured, grabbing the fishing rod. "Here's yours," I stated, handing Jake his rod.

"Why thank you ma' lady," he sarcastically teased, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Hey, sorry for what I said earlier about the whole makeup thing, you're right, I should put some makeup on, but I don't want to," I smiled. handing her a rod.

"I forgive you, but you should think about it," she replied.

"Already have and Jake convinced me not too," I explained, smiling at Jake. I walked over to Caden and handed him his rod, sitting next to him.

"Is that girl always that stuck up?" Caden asked, laughing a little bit.

"Yeah, but don't worry about her," I stated.

"I like Jake better than Mason, so if I were you, I'd pick Jake," he acclaimed.

"I was thinking the same thing," I whispered.

I'll admit, it was hard not to tear Cece in half, but what really upset me was Mason's reaction. When Cece told me to start wearing makeup, he didn't do anything. Jake did. And that's why I'm getting over Mason; he's a great friend and all, but I can't like a guy who doesn't stick up for his friends. Not attractive. Reeling back my rod, I threw the worms in the water and completely missed. After several more tries, I finally gave up, but thank god a pro is on this boat.