C H A P T E R 69

The gang gathered around the fire. It was now seven and there was no sign of Seamus. The hope that he was coming, slowly began to fade away.

Obviously, it wasn't meant to be...oh well. Everyone seems to be having a good time, the night has been filled with jokes and laughter; it's all I could've asked for to end off summer.

"Awe perfect picture opportunity," I sighed, laughing at the boys who were leaning against each other.

"Take a picture then," Jasmine ordered.

"Hold the pose, I'll be right back," I directed, heading to the kitchen as that's where I left my phone.

Just as I touched my phone, the doorbell rang. My heart stopped beating and my breath quickened. The first person to come to mind was Seamus, how pathetic is that?

Dragging my feet over to the door, I came face to face with a pizza guy. Looks like I got my hopes up, again.

"Thank you," I smiled and handed him a twenty dollar bill that was on the shelf near the door. "Keep the change," I added.

Closing the door, my eyes caught sight of a vehicle that was parked almost right outside my house. I placed the pizza on the table and slipped on my shoes; the car looked familiar, it was the same car that drove me to my house after not being there for a week...it was Seamus'.

The figure of a person leaning against the car came into view and I was able to tell from his dark, as always messy, hair that it was indeed him.

After inhaling and exhaling twice, I built up the nerve to loop around the car and stand next to him.

He was staring at an open road and I couldn't bare to ask why he hasn't joined the party yet.

A part of me was scared to ask because I knew it would start up a conversation and I don't know if I was physically or mentally prepared for that.

Instead, I stayed put, staring at the road ahead, waiting for him to say something...anything.

"I knew there was no way I was going to be able to control my feelings towards you and I was scared," he finally said, after staring at nothing for five minutes.

"I was scared to admit that maybe, I was in love with you. I know it's such a strong word for the age we're at, but that was my first instinct when I saw you, my first thought that came to mind," he turned his head and looked at me with his deep brown puppy eyes.

"I was scared to lose such an amazing girl, and I almost blew it the other day, but I really hope I didn't," he concluded, and not his lip before continuing.

"When you told me about the promise you made to your grandmother, I made myself believe that I wasn't good enough for you, that you deserve someone with the best personality that your grandmother described a man to be," he took a few steps away from the car and kicked something invisible.

"I had my doubts about how I impact your life. When you walked away after you telling me you felt the same way," he paused and dug his hands into his pockets and stood about two meters away from me. "I was speechless...I didn't know how to handle things because I have never been this committed to a person before."

"To answer your question from the other day, that I never had the chance or the gut to say out loud, is yes, if we both feel the same way, then there is, without a doubt, a possibility of us working out," he took a small step towards me and reached out to take my hand that was resting by my side. His touch was so warm and it just felt so...right.

"I am willing to try and be that guy that your grandmother has been talking about your whole life, if you allow me to be," he finalised.

My mouth turned dry and my ears started to ring, I couldn't help the water that was building up in my eyes.