C H A P T E R 34

Have you ever thought to yourself, if I had done or said something different that day, my whole life could've changed. A simple action can turn your life around.

No person in this world can tell the future, life is all about taking risks and being unprepared. Life changes every second. You could be trying your best to get into an amazing college, but maybe something better comes across you. Why live in a bubble? Grab a pin and pop it, stop living in fear and go do something life changing. Great things never came from comfort zones.

I myself, hate trying new things. I feel that if I do something, I would change everything. When I was six my mother, brother and I went to a water park and there was a humongous wave pool there. My brother was halfway in by the time I got the courage to dangle my feet in the deep end. Of course I had floaters on and there were lifeguards everywhere, but a part of me was still hesitant and afraid. Afraid that I wouldn't be able to get back out.

My mother must've noticed my struggles because she was by my side in an instant. She told me, "when it feels scary to jump, that's exactly when you jump. Otherwise, you end up staying I the same place all your life." She grabbed my hand and we both jumped into the freezing, but comforting water and I never doubted myself again.

The point in trying to get at is, I see too many people living in other people's shadows. They're too afraid to see what they might be capable of, so they try and fit in where there's an empty slot.

I was one of those people like I said in the past. I was never happy. I let the popularity take over and I changed everything about me. I miss my old self, I miss not caring about what others think. It was so much easier, but I took Ariel and my life changed. I wouldn't have met Jasmine, I wouldn't have met Jake or Mason or even my father.

You can't stop life when it gets too unbearable; you'd just be running away from your problems. The people who take risks, are the people who get the farthest in life.

"Are you packed for your Dad's ?" My mother called.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I muttered, barrelling down the stairs.

"Try and be polite," Caden stayed, obviously heating me as he approached the bottom of the stairs.

"He's outside in his car, make sure you call or text every night and catch me up on things," she demanded, kissing and hugging the both of us.

"See you next Sunday," Caden smiled and grabbed his bag.

"You'll be fine," my mother reassured me, seeing my worried face.

"Why do we have to do this?"I complained.

"Your father wants to spend time with his kids, give his this much at least," she replied.

"Yeah, before it's too late," I whispered to myself.

"What was that?"

"I'll text you tonight," I corrected.

"See you next week sweetie," she smiled and pushed me out the front door.

Walking out to my fathers car, I threw my bag in the trunk and glided isn't the back seat. Why a week? He just saw us for the first time in fourteen years a couple of months ago and he is now ready to take care of his kids. Not. A. Chance.

"Hey you two, who's it going?" He asked, as he started down the road. I stayed silent.

"You know, the same old stuff," Caden answered, obviously knowing that I wasn't.

"How about you Bella?"

"I'm decent," I mumbled.

"You guys excited for this week? I just got a house and I have soo much planned," he smiled.