C H A P T E R 67

Mike, Mason, Luce, Jake and I are all going out for lunch today and I couldn't be anymore excited. If only Jaz wasn't shuck in hospital, then the whole gang would be able to spend the last few days of summer together. Jasmine had never missed my annual bonfire since I've known her, so this year should be interesting.

Anyways, the crew is picking me up from my house at eleven thirty and we are determined to spend the day together and just relax. No drama, no problems. That should be my new motto.

***

"Hey stranger," Mike teased, unlocking the car door.

"Hey guys," I smiled, ignoring Mike's comment. Mason was in the passenger seat and I slid in the back next to Jake and Luce.

"Ready for a fun day?" Luce asked.

"Duh," I answered, trying to make myself comfortable.

"Where are we eating? Because if I don't get food in my stomach soon, you're not going to have too much fun," Mike threatened.

"Better watch out, someone's a bit hangery," Jake teased, laughing.

"Anywhere works for me," I shrugged.

"What are you craving?" Jake asked Mike.

"Food," he said, entering a roundabout.

"Noooo, you were craving puppies," Mason sarcastically stated.

"Little Miss Sassy Pants, do you have any good ideas?" Mike asked referring to Mason.

"A restaurant,"Mason breathed.

"Both of you, I swear," I mumbled, laughing. "Just go to Shake Shack," I ordered.

"Yes, ma'am," Mike agreed.

***

By the time we finally received our food, it was almost one.

Mike got lost on the way here, which was very interesting since I live five minutes away from the restaurant.

Never depend on Mike with directions, he would honestly get lost in his own house if he could.

I downed my food in minutes, I didn't realise I was so hungry until I took the first bite.

"Mike was the one who was hungry, not you," Mason teased, nudging my shoulder, offering me a napkin and I took it and wiped my lips.

Luce day across from me next to Mike, and I, unfortunately had to sit sandwiched between Mason and Jake who, both, wouldn't shut up.

"The tables have turned," Luce laughed, picking up a fork.

"That's why were besties," Mike grinned at me.

"Keep dreaming," I sang.

"Never say besties again," Jake added, pretending to throw up. I instantly slapped him on the shoulder and he gave me a look that could kill, but I just laughed it off.

"Haters be hating," Mike sighed, shaking his head and throwing a fry in his mouth.

"They're just jealous," Mason whispered just loud enough for Luce and I to hear.

"And what might we be jealous of?" I wondered.

"Our awesome skills," Mike interrupted.

"Skills? What skills?" Luce laughed.

"Well," he stumbled. "You know..."Mason trailed off.

"Just stop. You aren't getting anywhere and you're making it worse for you and Mike," Jake chuckled.