C H A P T E R 52

I woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon, some thing I hardly, if never, experience. Luce woke me up by jumping on my bed screaming "come on, come on! Get up let's get this day started!". It took her ten minutes to officially get me to get me out of bed and down for breakfast.

By the time I sat down and dug into my first meal, it was nine in the morning, way too early to be up in my eyes. However, Luce's parents need to be at work by ten so I'm guessing they needed all the kids up so they can be assured that everything is okay. In which a part of me, is not.

I barely got any sleep last night. After Seamus went inside, I stood at the railing brainstorming for an hours on how my family might be positive. All that came to mind was strength. After all we went through, we are still managing to keep our lives together. Maybe not in the best way possible, but in our terms.

Jasmine is expecting me to stop by today, and boy I can wait to tell her everything. She's so unprepared. Besides, I missed her smile.

I cleaned out my dish and rinsed out my cup. The leat I could do is clean up after myself. I don't need people to take care of me and I definitely don't need people pitying me for something that's just temporary. I needed an escape and Luce's family was the best escape.

They've been great and welcoming, well Seamus not as much as the rest but he's getting there. With his "speech" from last night, I think I'm growing in him. Even though he didn't want me mentioning out talk, o could t help but smirk at him when I sat down at the table.

I don't think he was awake for half of the conversation, I mean he wasn't his sarcastic self. So obviously he regretted opening his mouth, which makes it an easy topic to pick on him with. He better stay on my good side or I'd have to tell people about his soft side. Whoops.

***

As I turned the door knob, a strange, yet recognizable voice echoed across Jaz's hospital room. A voice that didn't make me all too happy. My smile dropped from my face when I caught a glimpse of golden hair. She just had to show up now didn't she, with my luck, she had to show up now.

"I am so glad you and I are friends again. I don't know why I did what I did to Bella, I must've been jealous. But the second I heard you were in hospital, I had to show my support," the annoying voice stated, making me gag.

"It's no biggie, the past is in the past. I'm sure Bella will forgive you. After all, all you did was read her journal," Jasmine stated.

Not true. Not true at all!

"I don't know, I mean she slapped me when she realized I was snooping in her business," she lied.

"She slapped you?" Jasmine asked, her voice sounding astonished.

"Oh yeah, I had a red mark on my face for a week!" She lied, again.

"I hate to interrupt your visitation," I interrupted, having enough of all the lies. "But I just had to hear the end of this lie," I smiled, taking a seat in a plastic chair and placing my head in my hands.

"Bella! So nice to see you again, I hope we can put everything behind us," she pleaded, giving me a pearly smile.

"Not in a million years. You lost the opportunity to be forgiven the moment you slapped me for hearing what I had to say," I argued. "Besides, now that I'm here, I think it's best if you leave, Payton," I concluded.

"If you insist. I'll see you later Jasmine. Nice seeing you again Bella," she smiled, all too sarcastically.

"It's Isabella," I snapped as she closed the door.

"Rude much?" Jasmine interrupted, furrowing her brows at me.

"She totally lied to you!" I defended.