C H A P T E R 16

You are probably thinking, why are you just putting up with Mason. You have the power to gain his attention. But that's the thing. I don't because if I show that I am jealous of Cece, our friendship would be ruined and that's the last thing I want. If Cece is going to make Mason happier, she can have him. All I want is to have Mason find someone who cares for him as much as I do. Pretty impossible, but I mean, they can try. No one's stopping them, well maybe me.

You are probably thinking, "what's going on with you and Jake?" Maybe your not, but I am still going to talk about our "relationship." If you even want to call it that.

Yes, Jake helped me through the plane ride and made me feel wanted and protected. Yes, he has been a better friend on this trip so far.

He wouldn't shut up which made things even better and calmed my nerves down. In some odd way, I had a blast texting Jake weird emojis and sending him silly faces on snapchat. Just between you and I. I took some screenshots of his weird hilarious faces since you can screenshot people's snaps on airplane mode.

All of us got off the plane about thirty minutes ago and now we are just sitting in the blue hospital looking chairs waiting for our luggage to roll by

To sum up everything, Cece and Mason exchanged numbers and I haven't met Mason's eyes in over four hours. He's either staring at his screen or talking to the devil herself. She does seem nice though, but something is off about her.

My backstabbing people radar went off the moment she sat down. This trip is going to be...interesting.

He is a very competitive person. He legit almost flew backwards in his chair when I won thumb war. It. Was. Hilarious. My mother rushed over thinking someone had a seizure, but started laughing when I told her what happened.

Caden hasn't left his phone yet, he has been texting Casey non-stop, asking her all sorts of questions. "How is everything?" "Are you okay?" "Do you need me to come back?" Honestly, this kid is love struck, it sickens me. We are away from Minnesota, and he's wishing to go back immediately? Something's wrong with him.

"I declare a rematch," Jake insisted.

"No can do, I won fair and square," I replied, sitting up straight in my chair.

"Pleaseeee, Bella, I need to brag to everyone that I won," he pleaded, rolling his head.

"Guess I'll just have to brag that I won, sorry kid," I laughed.

"It's on me," he smirked.

"You are severely competitive, alright, what's in your mind?" I asked, intrigued.

"Whoever can run to the escalator first, wins" he explained, dying the escalator.

"You do realize I am in track right?" I asked, smiling and raising an eyebrow.