C H A P T E R 7 | Trust

You know what really sucks.

Yesterday was one of the best nights I ever had, but when I woke up, I will have to face Payton and Jake, without Mason. I knew I would have to face them at some point. The way Payton treated me yesterday made me realized I was only there to take pictures.

She didn't want me and the fair, she didn't want to hang out with me. She just wanted picture, and after she got them, bam, I'm history. I didn't know being friends with her is being friends with a control freak.

I am done with her drama, her and Jake. Jake might have not done anything, but that's the point.

He didn't do anything.

He was on Payton's side and just let me walk off. What kind of a friend does that?

This morning was filled with regret. Why couldn't I just ask him for his number? This was all because of my father, I know your probably thinking, why is she blaming her father?

My father left me and everything our bond had. I understand that not all males are alike, but if one man can break my heart that easily, the others can. I guess rejection is my biggest fear.

I jumped off the bar stool, and made my way upstairs to my bedroom. It's the only place where I can sit and just think. I opened my laptop and went on Twitter. Overtime, I found out that if Payton is mad, she lets everyone know that she is. She posts 24/7 about her side of the story and makes the other person feel absolutely terrible and I'm wondering if she has done the same to me.

"Sometimes I feel like I have no one else except myself."

Another one said,

"I can't believe my boyfriend likes someone else."

I stared at that sentence for ten minutes. Confused, I got my phone and searched up Jake's name. He can't like me, he can't do this to Payton. I might hate her guts but he can't betray his girlfriend like that.I was about to click the mobile call button, but there was a knock on the door.

I lifted myself off the desk chair and walked downstairs. Once I opened the door, I looked up and noticed the familiar dark haired person that let me walk away, hurting. I slipped my phone in my back pocket and gestured him to come in.I need to know what happened and what went down when I left that picnic table.

"I stopped by to give you this," Jake explained, giving me my camera.

"Um, thanks," I smiled and sat the device on the table.

"Listen, I am so sorry about what Payton said, it was unnecessary and childish of her,"he apologized, scratching his arm.

"I appreciate that, but I need to hear it from her, not you, the only thing you did is let me walk away, feeling terrible about myself," I shrugged. "Why are you even with her?" I asked, knotting my brows together.

He then stared at me and looked as if he didn't know what I was talking about. "You know exactly what I mean," I said, taking the device off the table and pulling up a couple of pictures off my camera. The pictures where I walked behind them when they were fighting.

"You look tortured in these pictures," I explained, clicking to the right for him to see a new picture.

"I just forgot some money at the house, that's all we were arguing about."

"My point exactly, you never look happy with her, and when you do, you pretend," I exclaimed.

"Don't be telling me who to date and who to not date," he ordered.

"I should not have to tell you who to date, you should know who you are happy with," I argued. 

"I am happy, I should be saying the same for you, you are hiding something from everyone, what kind of a friend does that?" He asked, with a disgusted facial expression.