C H A P T E R 63

Since school is approaching, orientation for Edgewood is today and what better way to spend the day than to show Luce and Mason the perks and beauty of the school. The even starts at noon which means I have to pick up Mason and Luce by eleven, get over to the school, pick up our schedules and find seats in the auditorium.

"Mom I'm headed out!" I called, running down the stairs.

"Alright, be home by dinner," she called, from the living room.

"Sure thing," I assured and grabbed my car keys.

Seamus, as he promised, dropped my car off with a fixed tire and everything. I completely forgot to thank him.

Honestly, that family has done soo much for me and there is not a thing in the world that I could do to repay them. If I could give the family the world, I would and many more planets following that. Starting up the engine, I drove over to Luce's house first.

"Hey!" I called as she crawled into the front seat. "Ready to explore the school?" I asked excited.

"Absolutely. New school, new life," she smiled, buckling her seatbelt.

"So spill," I ordered, driving down the street.

"You have to be more specific," she smirked.

"Are you and Mason a thing?" I asked, glancing at her from the corner of my eyes to see her reaction.

"You could say that," she confirmed, as her whole face lit up.

"Awe, you two are soo cute," I announced, almost screaming and making Luce jump.

"Shhh," she laughed, trying to hide her red face.

"You can blush, it's alright," I quickly gave her a wink.

"We're going on a date tonight," she confessed.

"Ouhh, where is he taking you?"

"He's bringing me to his house. We're building a fort, gathering some snacks and watching a movie," she explained.

"That's adorable," I gushed.

"I think you're more excited than I am...and that's saying something," she stated pulling out her phone. "Seamus is free tonight, you should see if he wants to hang out," she added.

"Funny," I sarcastically stated and focused back on the road. "Remind me to thank your dad when I drop you off," I explained, making a left.

"Thank him for what?" Her brows furrowed.

"For fixing my car, of course," I answered.

"My dad didn't touch your car, Seamus was the one playing around with it," she admitted, turning her attention back to her phone.

"But he said your dad helped," I replied.

"He must've lied because my father had been at work all week and hasn't had any time to do anything," she made clear.

"Oh," I mumbled.

"Gives you another reason to give him a call," she sang typing away on her phone.

I didn't even bother to tell her to shut up anymore, so I rolled my eyes and continued to drive.

***

"Hey there," I smiled, Mason climbing into the back seat.

"Let the fun begin," he announced, rubbing his hands together.

"What? You don't want to go to school?" I joked.

"Don't make me get out of this car," he threatened.

"Calm down," Luce interrupted, laughing.

"This is going to be a great year, I can sense it," I confessed.

"Cause we all know how great you are at predicting," Mason chuckled, falling back into the seat.

"Be quote back there, you're in the backseat for a reason," I replied, starting the car.

"I agree with Bella, it's going to be awesome," Luce agreed, braiding her hair to one side.

"Your like twins, it's creepy," Mason shivered.

"We look alike, don't we?" I joked.

"In your dreams, Luce is prettier," he teased.

"Just cause she's your girlfriend, doesn't mean you should diss your best friend," I pouted.

"I mean, she is the one driving," Luce laughed.

"I take that back then," Mason held his hand in the air.

"You better," I smirked and looked at him through the rear mirror.

***

"Welcome student to Edgewood high. We are kicking this year off with our annual Back-to-School Meet&Greet. After we introduce the staff, you will be able to walk around the school, pick up your schedules, unlock your lockers and meet teachers. The staffs and I cannot wait to meet all of you or welcome familiar faces. If you have any questions, please find me, Mr William Porters, the Principle. I will answer any questions you have. Now over to the student body from last year," Mr Porters announced and sat down, letting the student body take over.

Mason, Luce and I waited until most of the crowd piled out of the auditorium before making an effort to escape. My schedule is the first thing that came into my mind. Usually when I attend this meeting, I like to know my classes and the teachers I'll have.

In freshman year, I used to always be late because I just simply didn't know when each of my lessons were. This resulted in being late then leading up to after school detentions. Since then, I learned that I need to know my timetable off by heart.

"Have you found your schedule?" Luce asked, finally finding hers.

"I'm in my section, just need to find my name," I replied, scrolling through the list of familiar names, occasionally coming across a new student.

"Found mine," Mason called.

"Must be nice," I mumbled. "Oh here it is," I announced and picked it up.

My schedule consisted of; AP English first period, followed by Us History, then Calculus, Lunch B, Health fifth period and finally Physical Ed last.

"What classes do we have together?" Luce asked, glancing over at mine.

I took her schedule to complete with mine. "It looks like Calculus, Physical Ed and Lunch B," I answered, giving her paper back to her.

"At least we have three," she shrugged.

"What about you,Mason?" I wondered, grabbing his schedule. "We have AP English and Lunch B together," I sighed.

"We have US History, Spanish 4 and Lunch B," Luce told Mason.

"Hey, look on the bright side, at least we all have lunch together," I smiled, folding my schedule and placing it in my pocket.

All my teachers are the ones I already had before. They know me, I know them. I also know which classes their in so I don't exactly have to walk the halls to check. But what kind of friend would I be if I didn't show them around school?

"My name is Bella, and I will be your tour guide for today," I joked, directing my attention to Mason and Luce who were holding hands.