C H A P T E R 65

Seamus' POV

I messed up.

I don't say that often, but I messed up and I regret ever opening my mouth.

My last intention was to hurt Bella. I didn't want to be the person she is scared come and talk to. The last thing I wanted her to leave unhappy and twitch the belief that she made a mistake coming here.

I'll admit, I was scared. I haven't had to many girlfriends as people may think. My father has taught me how to treat a girl and how to be a gentleman, but when Bella showed up yesterday, it was as if everything he taught me just left my brain, which caused me to treat her disrespectfully. I was a jerk.

I've been holding her bracelet in my hand ever since she stormed out. I wanted, more than anything, to get in my car and drive after her, but my conscience told me I would only make it worse.

When she asked me if we had a chance, my heart was saying yes, tell her, now is the time. However, my mouth turned numb and I knew that if I opened it, I wouldn't have control over what I would say. But no saying anything, made it worse and instead of admitting my feelings towards her, I let her slip away.

Ever since I saw her on the patio that night, something in my mind went off. I don't know if it was the connection we had that triggered it, but I knew I was falling hard and there was no way of stopping myself.

Days went by and all I could think about, was her precious laugh that could turn any bad day I have, into a good one.

The day I talked with her grandma was the day I was going to tell Bella how I feel. I waited until the party died down so I could sneak behind the house and walk along the pebble path. I picked up a pebble and was about to throw it at her window, but all of a sudden, the curtains closed and I took that as a sign that I shouldn't bother.

I shouldn't bother admitting my attraction towards her because by then, I convinced myself that I wouldn't be good enough for her. I know, it sounds cheesy, but at the same time I believed it and that's why I dropped the pebble and went home.

"Hey Seamus, you home?" Luce shouted, walking into the house.

"Where have you been?" I asked, shouting from the living room.

"At Grant's," she shrugged, wandering into the room.

"You spent the night there?" I wondered, raising my eyebrow, not bothering to lose my focus on the bracelet.

"Yeah, so?" She laughed and collapsed onto the sofa next to me. "What's that?" She questioned, pointing at my hand.

"Nothing," I mumbled, closing my hand.

"Isn't that the bracelet you gave to Bella?" She asked, my silence was her answer. "What did you do?" She gawked, gutting my arm.

"She asked me a question and I didn't respond," I answered, rubbing my arm.

"What was the question?"

"If she and I had a chance," I whispered, sighing.

"Seamus!" Luce screamed, making me jump and then all my attention to her. "Why are you so stupid!" She added and slapped the back of my head.

"Do you think I actually wanted that to happen?" I questioned, rubbing my head and staring at her.

"I would think you had some common sense to chase after her!" She yelled, throwing her hands around. "She was really smitten about you, she really liked you."

"Not helping," I groaned, standing up.

"I know. I just hope you realise what kind of girl you're missing out on," she stated and strutted our if the living room, leaving me pacing around the room.

Grabbing my phone, I typed in her contact and sent her a text, but it didn't go through. I tried to call her, it automatically went to voicemail.

"Lucinda! Where is Bella?" I called.

"She left town, she'll be back tomorrow night," she called back from upstairs.

"That's just fantastic," I mumbled under my breath.

I placed the bracelet in my pocket and kicked a chair out of frustration. I'm so, so stupid.

**

Authors note:

ahhhhh!! where did 5k views come from?!!! THANK YOU