C H A P T E R 14

"Casey had a death in her family, so she won't be coming with us on the trip tomorrow," Caden explained to my mum and I, obviously heartbroken.

"Maybe she can come during the middle of the trip," my mother smiled, clearly upset that Caden is upset.

"So then who are you inviting?" I asked as I was super curious.

"I had someone in mind, but before I tell you guys, I will have to ask him," he replied, walking upstairs.

I felt terrible for both Caden and Casey. Caden was looking towards going on vacation with his girl, but I also feel bad for Casey since she had has to go through someones death. I hate funerals, they make it seem like people will never be happy again. The person that passed wouldn't want everyone to cry and mourn, they would want them to smile and get through the day, happily.

I know it could be hard, but they are in a better place whether you'd like to admit it or not. Caden specifically said him so it's a guy. My guess is Mike, since he is one of Caden's friends. He hung out with him and Jake a lot. I just hope that he can still enjoy his vacation without Casey by his side. I would be disappointed if Mason had bailed on me too, bt he is already packed and ready for tomorrow.

Honk Honk

Speaking of the devil. I grabbed my purse and phone and walked out down the stairs, meeting Joseph face to face. Rolling my eyes, I bumped purposely into his shoulder and kissed my mother on her cheek before walking out the front door.

I heard my father sigh right as I left the door. What? He deserves to feel broken, I had to feel that way for awhile. Besides, after this trip, he will be history again. Mason picked me up (bridal style) in the air and twirled me round.

"You can put me down now," I laughed.

"Ma' lady," he smirked, opening the car door for me.

"What a gentleman," I patted his cheek.

"Like I said on the first day we met, us gentlemen need to stick together. We are becoming extinct," he stated, turning his car on.

"Why am I friends with you?"

"Cause I am irresistible," he smirked.

"I highly doubt that's why, maybe because it's the fact that we both want to go to Greece one day," I replied, remembering the night we played 21 Questions.

"I'll make that happen one day for us, I promise," he smiled, taking his eyes off the road looking me in the eyes but soon looked back at the road.

"That's a big promise," I stated.

"I realized that."

"By the way, where are we going?" I asked, realizing that we have been driving for quite some time now.

"It's a surprise," he laughed.

"I hate surprises," I groaned.

"Well, you're gonna love this one," he assured.

After being in the car for over an hour, we finally arrived at Mason's destination. The whole ride Mason wouldn't tell me anything about the place we are going to. He made me put on a blindfold when we were ten minutes away. He promised me that I wouldn't get hurt, but part of me didn't believe him.

"Alright, come on," Mason stated, grabbing my arm and helping me out of the car.

"Masonnnn, can I take the blindfold off now?"

"What you don't trust me?"

"Something like that..." I bit my lip.

"Shut up and walk faster," he ordered.