C H A P T E R 2 | Saving the Best To Last

As I unlocked my house door, I hopped off my porch and ran down my street. I usually went for a run every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It lets you clear your mind and just think...and sweat.

Besides that, when it's very early in the morning, it is very quiet. Not a bad thing since I always shove my ear buds in my ears and can't hear much except the music, but it's always nice to look around to see birds flying and squirrels climbing trees.It's also very cold in the morning, and if it wasn't; then I probably would go running every day.

Jasmine and I are going to the wave pool later today and I am kind of dreading it. Don't get me wrong, I love swimming, but it's just the fact that other people might not know how to and could possibly drown; now that's scary.

I used to go all the time with my my mum and brother and I remember sitting in the shallow water, praying to God that my brother will be alright. Well, that was when we liked each other now the sibling rivalry is a thing.

I need to get a new bathing suit, so I turned by little running trip to the store. The store is ten to fifteen minutes away and I don't mind crossing the big main streets.

Worse case scenario, I will get hit by a truck. I took my ear buds out, and walked through the sliding glass door and made my way to the clothing aisle. I usually go to specific stores, but I decided a simple trip to the market will satisfy me since no one will see my bikini anyways, as I'll be in the water.

Jasmine, on the other hand, will probably keep getting in and out to show of her body to all the guys.

Long story short, I am not the boy-crazy one in this pair. I never really remember having a crush on anyone because my grandmother always told me to wait for the right one. To not throw myself at guys who only want sex and leave the next morning. I catch feelings very easily and if I get one tiny bit of emotion relating to love, it scares me and I shut it down.

You see, the man who was kinda suppose to love me forever, left me when I was three. If you haven't caught on yet, that man was my father and I hate his guts.

I hate him so much that every time I look in the mirror, my reflection remind me of him so much, which only makes me hate my appearance.

He broke my heart before any other guy a chance to and I suck at forgiving people. I don't think I'll be forgiving my father anytime soon since he was the cause of the pain throughout my younger years.

Growing up without a father to spend Father's Day with or go to the Father-daughter dance with; every time I thought he would come back. He didn't, which pained me even more.

So grandmother was right, I'll wait for the right man because if I marry a guy and have children with him and one day I wake up to him not being next to me and all his stuff will be gone, I will regret every moment with him. So judge me all you want, but I rather have a loyal man than a hot guy.

"Hey girl," Jasmine screamed through the phone.

"Blow out my ear drums, why don't you," I laughed as I glanced at every bathing suit on the rack.

"Well now that you said something," she stated, but I stopped her before she started to scream.

"Why am I even friends with you?" I asked rolling my eyes, even though she couldn't see it.

"Cause I am the only one who doesn't treat you like a celebrity and doesn't beg for your attention," she explained.

"Shut up, anyways, why did you call?" I wondered, as I reached for a bathing suit I actually liked.

"Wondering if I could bring a few people to the pool with us," she explained.

"Let me guess, guys, right?" I asked and raised a brow.