C H A P T E R 5 | Elephant Ears

I guess I'm the only one single in my friendship group.

Yep, Michael asked Jasmine out the other day. They are technically not dating yet but it will happen soon, trust me.

I told Caden about Casey and showed him a picture of her, he was hooked. Casey keeps thanking me, I hate it when people thank me, it's very annoying. But she's happy, so I'll let it slide.

I hate when people thank me because then I did something they appreciated. I don't want them to say thank you for something I did for them. It's confusing, I know. Anyways, I feel like a seventh wheel.

All my friends (including my brother) were in a relationship, so that means if we all hang out, they will all be lovey dovey with each other and I'll just be there like ugh!

I went down to the river this morning and swam a little. Usually, I don't swim in it but it has been unbelievably hot lately, and I just needed to cool off. 

The water is super clear and so fresh that you could drink it, I don't recommend it though, but you could if you were dying of thirst. Jasmine couldn't make it today so I went by myself and blasted music through my water speakers. They are quite handy for a dip in the...river?

I am suppose to go to the fair today with Payton and Jake, they also asked me to bring my camera so I can take cute, romantic pictures of them.

Photography isn't my life goal and dream, but it's a hobby, I've taken a liking of it when I was thirteen.But, I told Payton over text one day and I guess she remembered it. I haven't been to the fair since I was three and it was with my dad.

Harsh, I know. I had no childhood fair memories and my mother never really understood why fairs happen. Kids go there and have fun, but half of them eat, go on rides and then throw up.

I understand her point of view, but it would have been nice to have gone to the fair once in a while. So when Payton invited me to tag along, my immediate answer was yes. Then she told me my job, taking pictures. It's better that nothing right?

****

"Hi," Payton greeted, as I hopped in the backseat of her car.

"You ready for a great day," Jake laughed, showing me it will rain.

"You have a great gift for picking days to hang out when it's suppose to rain," I teased Payton.

"You have a great gift for sarcasm," she replied and looked back at me.

"Oh my gosh, thanks for noticing," I laughed and Jake laughed along.

"I have my camera, so where do you want your pictures taken first?" I questioned as I fiddled with it.

"We have to have us eating carnival food; in line for rides, me on his back pretending to laugh which will just make us laugh even more, us kissing and hugging; oh and the Ferris Wheel," she explained, making my face drop.

Jake must have seen my face after the Ferris Wheel comment in the side mirror, because he immediately said something.

"We can't force her to ride rides with us," he whispered but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"She doesn't mind," she 'whispered' back. "Do you Bella?" She asked as she smiled.

But it was as if it wasn't even a question, I had to say I didn't mind.

"It's no problem," I lied.

My dad and I used to ride the Ferris Wheel all the time, well, at least that's what my mum told me. We laughed and rocked the cubby we were in, always getting in trouble with the employees. But when he left I swore I will never go on another Ferris Wheel again. I guess I will be breaking this promise today.