C H A P T E R 62

"Hey," Luce greeted, unlocking her car door.

"Thanks for picking me up," I smiled and closed the passenger door.

"It's no big deal," she shrugged. "Where are we headed?" She asked, cranking up the air conditioner.

"Anywhere that is cold, it's way too hot to be staying in a house with no air conditioning," I complained, pulling my seat belt over my chest.

"Your house doesn't have air?" She gawked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope, the heating and cooling broke in spring and we never really needed it until now," I explained.

"We could head over to my house, the pool is up and running," she suggested, fixing the mirror, so that it blocked the sun out of her eyes.

"That sounds awesome," I smiled. "I don't have a swim suit with me though," I realized, already turning the corner of the street going onto the main road.

"You can borrow one of mine," she shrugged.

"Your a life saver," I announced, leaning my head on the window.

***
I entered the house and recognised the area immediately. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss this place. I had the best time while staying with the Drake's; they're practically my second family. However, I don't want to think of Seamus as a brother, a little weird if you ask me.

Instead of going to the guest room, Luce lead the way to her room (my old room) and gave me a suit to change into. Thanking her, I moved to the hallway bathroom where I got changed. The suit was a plain, black, one piece and it felt like it was mine; nice to know that Luce and I are the same size. After throwing my hair up, I walked outside and came fact to face with Seamus. Panicking, I covered up as much as I could and smiled.

"Hey...you," I greeted.

"I see you got the gift," he smirked, glancing at my wrist.

"Oh yeah," I smiled, looking at it. "It's amazing, I love it," I admitted.

"I'm glad," he grinned, running a hand through his rather nest-like looking her.

"Thanks," I added.

"It's no big deal, it's the least I could do," he shrugged. Mhm, sure Seamus, sure.

"You headed down to the pool?" He asked, pointing behind him. 

"Uh, yeah. You know, I don't walk around in a swim suit in my spare time," I joked, making myself laugh, but Seamus, not so much.

"Well, I need to go to the bathroom, so if you don't mind," he stated, waiting for me to move out the way so he could get past.

"Oh yeah, sorry, go ahead," I offered, stepping aside.

"Thanks," he chuckled and walked past me into the bathroom.

Blushing, I walked back into Luce's room only to find her on the bed with her phone, smiling.

"Who are you texting?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips and raising an eyebrow.

"No one," she immediately replied, turning her phone off instantly.

"You know you could've invited him," I crossed my arms, laughing.

"Who?" She asked, getting off the bed.

"Mason."

"Why would I invite him if he's already here?" She winked, walking out of the room with me following.

"He's already here?" I asked, baffled.

"Yeah, he and Seamus are joining us," she responded.

"You're just telling me this now," I whispered, trying to fix my hair.