18.Missing him

Krist pov

I'm very happy finally I'll go home I've already said singto that I"ll go home this weekend so I'll resume my study session after coming back. I packed the gifts for mom's birthday.. I'm going home today, tomorrow is weekend and mom's birthday... I told to mom, I can't come home because I'm busy with assignments... I want to surprise her today that's why I told like that. My friends are also going home today... They're much more excited to attend her birthday... I never invite them because they own it's own invite themselves... They're like my family... I think they spend more time at my home than their because of my mom's cooking... My mom is a chef and cooking instructor... But I've not inherited any of her skill...I love her food so much...

I reached home at nine o'clock at night. When I knocked at the door my mom opened it she's more than happy and surprised seeing me. She said she missed me so much, I said me too. We're very close. My father came from upstairs and saw me, he's also very happy... he's like a friend too...

Before entering inside, I've told my friends to place the cake at the back window while I'll keep her busy with me... So Prem kept the cake at the perfect place and came near the front door signalled me everything is perfect... my friends came inside and said they are very tired so they'll stay here today... my mom said it's good and she's missing them too... and said she'll cook for us now... and they're craving and drooling for her cooked food so much... I thought I brought bunch of hungry eagles today...

While my mom's busy in cooking, me and knott decorated and put the candles on the cake... We finished our little preparation and surprise... Then came down for dinner... When we finished dinner it's probably eleven o'clock... I helped her with the unfinished kitchen work then I wished good night, left for my room to sleep, my friends are already there watching TV, I did the same.

At nearly 11:45 pm we went to the guest room where everything is prepared, when it's 11:55pm, I knocked at my parents bedroom, mom came and opened the door and asked what happened I said I can't sleep, can you come with me and sit for some time... she said it's alright... then my father came behind to look what happened then I opened the door of guest room the light was off... My friends and I said surprise.... Happy birthday mom... She's surprised... then hugged me... We all sang happy birthday and she blows the candles and cut the cake... switched on the lights. Then I gave her the gifts which I brought... She couldn't believe her eyes I brought this because this time it's very different... She said "the hairpin is so beautiful never thought you can choose such a antique thing and it's very unique...and it's so unlike you".... I said it's my senior who helped me to choose this one... She said "really then your senior must have good eyes to recognize real unique things".. unknowingly I said yes, it's true...ohh no what I said I slapped my mouth... then I said maybe...then I gave my second gift the plant... She likes to grow plants... she's happy seeing this too and said "you're giving me exceptionally unique gifts this time... and I'm very amazed... Is it your senior again", I said something like that but I've chosen the plant"...

The surprise was good, everything went well... It's only five o'clock in the morning, I woke up.... I never wake up this early, I'm waiting for a message, got a message but it's not what I'm expecting, it's from the university the classes are suspended for the entire week for some strike... my friends are messaging me happily that it's good there's no class for the whole week.... But why I'm not feeling good and happy... I'm missing something.... I'm feeling restless... Why he's not messaging me today... everyday he message me 'good morning' but today why so late...ohh it's not time yet... I woke up early... I agree I'm eagerly waiting for his message and its only a 'good morning' message.... waiting.... waiting... waiting.... I can't wait anymore...

I came down from upstairs, mom gave me a surprised look so I asked what happened mom, she said that's what she's asking me, how come I woke up so early even the sun hasn't risen yet... I said don't know mom I couldn't sleep so... then I went to our backyard, which is a vast area and consists of a beautiful garden, swimming pool, grass field and small open roof space made to sit under it and enjoy the view surrounded by the long grasses.... I sat there my eyes are fixed on the phone screen.... I'm missing him badly... uncontrollably... ahh what type magic you are spelling on me to propel me such extent... singto... at least you should call right?? but why are you not calling... and why you are not messaging me... when I'll come to university I won't talk with you... Should I call him but what I'll say... Yes, right I'll talk about the gift how mom liked them.... Yeh, I got a reason to call.... Just wait I'll hunt you in your dream for not remembering me.... but only for this will I call him??... whatever I'm calling him now...ring...ring...ring... call is going through likewise my heart beats are ringing fast... should I cut the call, no I can't now... what he'll think... ahh... I'm biting my lower lips nervously... suddenly he picked the call up... I can't utter any words now.. why I can't, I don't know... only I heard him calling my name from other side..."krist how are you, why are you not talking"... then I came to reality... Ahh yeah... I'm fine... sorry I was a little distracted... Ohh I forgot why called you... ahh about the gifts, my mom liked them so much... I told her you helped me to choose them, knowing this she was praising you... then Singto said, he's pleased to know and to wish her birthday on his behalf... I said, sure I'll.