Chapter 13 - Behind closed doors

"So clear my head and heart instead of holding onto pain
Once I find my center I'll begin to flourish once again"

Harley's P.O.V.

Liam cleared his throat and looked between me and the girls again.

- "Hey, hum she's the one that speaks portuguese." He said pointing at me and looking nervous.

Did this idiot just throw me to the wolves?

I finally got my voice back after a few seconds of throwing Liam a murderous look.

- "I'm sorry girls, but we're taken." I said and sipped my drink.

- "Well, we don't really mind and they don't have to know..." The one that winked at me previously said, raising an eyebrow and showing us a small side smile.

- "But my girlfriend is the jealous type and, unfortunately for you, I only have eyes for her, so I think you should find someone else to have fun with." I responded confident now.

- "Yup, we're both really happy with what we already have, but thanks for asking anyway, maybe in the next life." Liam said now, reinforcing my declination.

Both girls looked between us and finally the one that was talking before smirked.

- "Whatever you say. Your lost, I guess. Have a great night." She said, both of them starting to leave.

Our eyes trailed them for a bit before me and Liam looked back at each other. We both smiled, knowing we couldn't possibly be losing a better thing that what we already have.

_______________________________________

Alix's P.O.V.

For the past hour I've been listening intently to June's words, this girl is wise... but now I was starting to miss Harley, in a normal situation, I would say I really wanted to go home with her, but that is actually the last place I want to go to.

I looked at my phone's screen and back at June.

- "I think I'm going to call her, I have this huge urge to be with her right now. I wonder who's fault that is." I said with a slight smile on my face, looking pointedly at my best friend.

She laughed, joining the playfull banter.

- "Hey! Don't blame me, all I did was help my best friend with her relationship. You can't blame me for actually having the perfect relationship already and giving you some tips." She said and continued to laugh.

I shook my head in disapproval, but the smile never left my face. As if on cue, my phone started ringing. Harley.

I quickly accepted the call, bringing the phone to my ear.

- "Hey babe, I was going to leave 4tea now, want me to pick you up? Liam said he was going to June's for a bit either way."

That gave me an idea. A great one actually.

- "Wait a second baby." I said taking the phone off my ear, resting it to my chest and looking at June.

- "Junie... where is the rest of your family?"

She looked at me with a confused expression.

- "Hum, they went to visit my aunt, they are going to spend the night there, why?"