Chapter 58 - Family First

"Trouble in mind, i'm blue
But i won't be blue always,
'cause the sun's gonna shine
In my backdoor some day"

Alix's P.O.V.

After 2 days at the hospital, sleeping uncomfortably in a chair with my head on Harley's shoulder, I must say that both me, Julie and Harley were exhausted, in need of a shower and needed real food instead of hospital sandwiches.

My dad was still in a coma. Doctors would tell us his body was reacting well to the several tests they put him through. The coma he'd slipped into was supposed to last only a couple of days, actually most people would wake up after 6 to 7 hours and those recover fast and well, but doctors suspect my dad had entered a state of shock after surgery and so he'd take longer to wake up. If more than that, then the chances of his survival would decrease and also they would indicate a possible future state of paraplegia.

All of the events that occurred had been organized in my mind after Harley told me everything that Matt had found out about Ruby, James, Claire, her brother, Dylan and my mom. Pff, mom... That waste of a human who shot my dad because she wanted money.

To be honest, I didn't even know how she and Ruby ended up being, but I don't really care. They're not my family. Just the people who tried to take my real family away from me.

The day we got here, I couldn't sleep. Both June, Matt and Liam ended up staying with us for almost the entire night and after Claire got out of intensive care, Matt had already called the cops to come to hospital.

I was so ashamed of myself for hating Claire for so long while my sister and mother were blackmailing her and her brother. And James, James really did a number on that girl. She was so void of life. So dead on the inside. It was almost unbearable to see. I felt even more ashamed when she, after all that happened, still was the one who came up to me and apologized along with wishing the best to my dad and his recovery. I almost couldn't utter a word. I just told her I forgave her and gave her a gentle hug, afraid that she might break if I hugged her too tightly.

We told everything we knew to the cops and they took care of everything in some hours. James went to jail along with Dylan who was proven guilty of killing a kid. Claire's brother was going to be judged again, this time with the newfound evidence and my mother's house was going to be searched for anything else they might find.

Since those news, everything else was the same.

I had just waken up from my restless 2 hour sleep and decided to go drink some coffee. Julie and Harley were still sound asleep outside my dad's room, so I decided to let them sleep.

Getting my coffee, I drank it calmly, knowing I wouldn't have to rush cause visitation hours started only in 4 hours.

I looked at my wristwatch, the one Harley had given me. It seemed like it was years ago. Time goes by so quickly and it seems like it is so much more extensive than it actually is. One day you're happy and hiding a relationship from your parents without thinking of the consequences it may cause and the other, your dad is in a coma cause he took a bullet for the person im said relationship with you. I didn't even remember when it all got this serious to the point where I'd be standing in the hospital, with a ring on my finger, hopping my dad would survive being shot.

I tried not to focus on it too much and moved to the hall Harley and Julie were on.

Getting there, I sat down and as soon as I did, Harley started waking up, looking uncomfortable and like she had some neck pain as well. Honestly she had been so good with all of this since the second it happened, but we barely have talked besides all of the explanations about what had happened. She was doing her best to be strong for me and my mom and I knew it. I also knew that she was suffering with all of this too, but my mind was someplace else and I felt sorry that I didn't even think about her in the first place.