Chapter 44 - Headaches

"My eyes are black and red
I'm crawling back to your bed"

Liam's P.O.V.

- "Wait, Kelly stop. This isn't right..." I said finally breaking our kiss.

She tried to compose herself a bit, looking at her I knew she was beyond drunk, because she didn't seem to be able to focus on my face. It was either that or she was dazzed by the intensity of our kiss.

Even though it felt right, like two long lost lovers reconnecting, I loved June, I truly did and I couldn't lie to Kelly and use her like this. Even if June wanted nothing with me. For some reason I thought about Harley and how bad she felt when she brought Claire into hers and Alix's mess when they broke up and told myself not to follow her mistake.

- "Why Liam?" Kelly asked as she removed herself from my lap and stood confused and waiting for an answer.

- "Kelly, I, I can't." I responded simply and avoided her gaze. The gaze of the first girl I've ever had feelings for.

- "Is it because I'm not pretty enough? Am I not good enough, smart enough? What is it?" She said getting sad and making me look at her in disbelief.

- "What?! Are you serious right now? Kelly, you are enough, you are more than any man could ask for. You are one of the kindest and smartest people I've ever met, even when we were young, you were like the Hermione of our group, remember? And beautiful enough?! Really?! I mean, have you ever seen yourself in the mirror? You could easily get mistaken by a supermodel Kells!" I responded and she reacted with a smile and then a frown.

- "So why? Why don't you want me, why are you pushing me away?" She asked.

I sighed before answering and ran a hand through my hair.

- "I know this is going to sound cliche as fuck, but it's not you, it's me. I'm in love with someone else and even though me and her are not together, I still can't do this, it won't feel right and I don't want to bring you into my mess of a relationship." I responded honestly.

She seemed to think before saying something that was pretty obvious.

- "It's June isn't it? You two were together?" She asked looking down with disappointment.

I nodded and gave her a small yes.

- "I was pretty stupid for even hoping that was all my imagination, but it's not like the two of you are great at hiding it. It's just that I missed you and today when I saw you again, all of the feelings that I had for you came rushing back, but I respect your decision Ron." She responded finally giving me a smile, even if it was a slightly sad one.

- "I'm sorry Kells. I'll never forget how much you mean to me, you'll always be my first, but the heart wants what the heart wants and I still want her." I responded.

She nodded looking down and after a minute she got up, seemingly more sober.

- "Let's go back inside and find our Harry? I bet she's gone to one of the bathroom stalls with Alix and used an expelliarmus to remove her panties already cause they sure were going for it and needed to get a room, or a stall I guess ahah." Kelly said offering me a hand for me to get up.

I took it and laughed at the same time.

- "Believe me, those two are worst than dogs in heat. Let's go, do you feel capable of performing our dance moves? If we can find Harley we'll put on a show even if our friend is the worst dancer, I still think she remembers our signature choreography." I responded and she nodded frantically and dragged me inside the club.