Chapter 42 - Left to do what's right

"Have I ever told you
That I spend my evenings howling to the moon
And it feels like every star is shining through
I think I doubt you would doubt me too"

Matt's P.O.V.

After last night I just ended up leaving while Claire started to pack her bags. I ended up sleeping at the beach and let me tell you, waking up with the sun burning me and the sound of kids playing and running from a nearby family is not a good way to wake up. I felt like I had the biggest hangover after yesterday's events.

I sat on the sand still trying to adapt to the clarity that greeted my tired eyes and looked at my watch.

10 a.m.

I wonder if Claire was still here. Guess I will find out soon enough.

With that thought in mind I decided a morning swim would be the most refreshing way to wake up and so I took my shirt off and moved to the sea.

_______________________________________

Alix's P.O.V.

Best. Night. Ever.

I opened my eyes to find myself in Harley's arms. Last night was worth everything I've had to deal with in this trip until now.

Me and Harley spent the night in a dizzying change of paces. We alternated between making love, to cuddling, to just aggressively taking each other's bodies to the extreme, the shaking and trembling, the begging and the climax. I couldn't feel better actually, but my mind had been running since I woke up.

I wondered about yesterday several times since I woke up. Something didn't make sense and I was sure of that, but for some reason I knew Harley wasn't the reason I was questioning myself. Instead, Claire and the whole message story slipped into my mind.

Harley would never hurt me, and I knew that and so it only made everything more intense. The love making, the feelings we held for each other, the thrill of every single touch and kiss was magic.

- "Babe, we have to get up. I want to have breakfast and walk in the beach before lunch, please?" I said and soon she opened one eye and looked at me with a satisfied and loving smile on her face.

After a couple of seconds she fully opened her eyes and pulled me more to her embrace putting a soft kiss on my lips.

- "Good morning beautiful, you woke me up from the most amazing dream, good thing that you're my dream come true in real life or I would never want to wake up again." She said with a smile and love filled words that had me melt right into her again and blushing.

- "God, I love you so much, you smooth sweet talker ahah." I chuckled looking back at her making her smile grow.

- "I love you more Alix." She replied and kissed me again, but this time I couldn't help but to prolong the kiss. Much to my disappointment, she was the one who broke it.

- "I think we should get up and go for breakfast before I eat something else and trap us in this room for the rest of the day babe." She said with slight lust in her voice.

I smiled at her and the idea of doing just that, but soon saw the sun rays spilling out the window and into the room and decided I wanted to enjoy the day with Harley.