Chapter 31 - Substitutes

"It's really out of my control
How you feel is not my problem
I do not want you to go, but I don't know how to stop you"

Harley's P.O.V.

I've been hanging out with Claire a lot. Sometimes I go out with Liam, but even that is rare now cause he's with June and so Alix, Luna, Leo and Matt are with them as well.

I can't say I'm getting feelings towards Claire, I mean, I like her but I think it's only as a friend. At least for now. I can tell that she likes me more than she should, she flirts a lot and is really straight forward about liking me as more than just friends, but she respects the fact that I'm still healing. I'm nowhere ready to involve myself with someone. It's weird. Probably the old me would have fucked half of the girls in my school by now, but now? Now I don't think that will help me in any way. I don't think I would feel satisfaction from that.

Me and Alix don't talk, and if we do we usually fight about petty things that have anything to do with our relationship, even though most of our fuel is jealousy and stubbornness.

We can't be friends and we know it, with us is either love or hate and since love is out of the table...

Alix on the other end has been spending some time with Matt. He decided to join the drama club and they spend a lot of time together at school cause apparently they have roughly the same schedule. I could lie and say it doesn't bother me, I could pretend it doesn't hurt and that I've actually been able to get over Alix, but the truth is that the only thing that changed is the fact that I've been more distant and with that more distracted, I've also got more used to the fact that me and Alix aren't together and I just ignore her most of the time even though I just want to get her back. Only God knows how much I want her back.

At home everything is a mess. It's been about a month since me and Alix broke up and mom and George are still off. George tries to be romantic and even bought her flowers every day of last week, but she doesn't seem to be moved, I think she tries to do everything to show me she's on my side. I know I should hate George, well, I can't say I like him right now after everything that he put me and Alix through, but I just want my mom to be happy, and I know the only way that can happen is if they sort their relationship out.

I was in my bed planning on going and have a chat with my mom when I received a text.

1 new text message from Claire

Hey cutie. I was wondering if you wanted to go and have luch tomorrow, maybe go to the cinema after it, what do you say?

I smiled at my screen imagining Claire saying the exact smae thing she wrote aloud. She had this good kind of energy surrounding her at all times. It seems like she's always happy and pumped with everything in her life. I reminded myself that I have to thank her for holding me up through this shitty chapter of my life.

Sure. It sounds like fun. What time should I pick you up?

Send.

I sent the message and soon a knock sounded at my door. It was mom. She put on her best smile even though I know she isn't happy. She's probably exhausted with all of this as well.