Chapter 24 - Run away

"She said it's not now or never
Waiting years we'll be together
I said better late than never
Just don't make me wait forever"

Harley's P.O.V.

Me and Alix were hanging out with June and Liam at 4tea. My hand was in Alix's as she traced small circles in the back of it and rested her head on my shoulder. We felt so relaxed that we could've fallen asleep if it weren't for the happy couple in front of us.

- "So my cousin Luna is coming to live here, she and her boyfriend Leo are moving to our school as well as Matt, Luna's brother." June said happily.

- "Really? I haven't seen her and Leo in so long! We should do something to welcome them!" Alix replied excitedly.

I just nodded my head, even though I had no idea who they were. If it made Alix happy, then it made me happy.

Liam had a thoughtful expression on his face, I wondered what he was thinking about. Guess I wasn't the only one wondering cause June broke him out of his trance.

- "Hey... what are you thinking about?" She asked making him turn his face in her direction and then look at me and Alix before breathing out.

- "Well, I was just thinking. What if we had a place we could go to for a few days? I just remembered my family has a house a couple of hours away from here. It's a country house, it's kind of old and secluded from everything, but we have electricity, water and heating. I use to go there when I was young and my dad didn't have as much money as now, but it's decent." He said, taking in our reactions.

June instantly smiled and Alix had her eyebrows raised hearing the news. At first I was excited, it meant me and Alix could be together and sleep together while getting away from here and having some much deserved fun with our friends, but then, I remembered there is no way our parents would ever let us go.

- "That is a great idea babe! Who's in for a road trip?" June asked kissing Liam on the cheek.

Alix raised her hand excitedly and looked at me. Seeing the look in my face she put her hand down and got worried instead.

- "Harley, what's wrong?" She said making everyone look at me.

- "It's just..., there is no way they are letting us go, you know that, right?

Her face scrunched up in sadness and June and Liam had an awkward I'm sorry about that  expression on their faces. Looking at Alix, I could see I had killed her mood of excitement, so I took her hand in mine and forced a soft smile on my face.

- "Hey, it's ok babe, I'll figure it out. I'm sure we can find a way to go." I said tenderly and she looked at me, smiling softly and nodded.

Changing the sad mood, June decided to continue with planing the whole thing.

- "So, Liam, you'll talk with your dad and say something to us tomorrow. I'm just wondering if I should ask Matt if he wants to come along as well, he's a bit weird and I'm not sure it's a great idea to ask him." She said.

Liam brought his eyebrows together and looked at June.

- "What do you mean?" He asked and I wondered as well.

- "Well, he's kind of a trouble maker, he spent the last few years in juvie cause of something he did at school. My uncle and aunt didn't want to tell us what it was all about, so I guess it could be anything."