Chapter 45 - P(l)ayback

"It's over and done
But the heartache lives on inside"

Harley's P.O.V.

After breakfast, I called Alix to check on her and June. Apparently they had a guide from the hotel with them to show them around and they would be back after lunch.

Me and the rest of the guys decided to go to the beach, except for Matt. He decided to go and sleep for a bit longer, he had been weird for the entire breakfast, but I was hoping it was just his hangover making him distant even though I knew things with Claire were the main reason for his behaviour.

Another thing I wanted to figure out was the reason behind June being so devastated today.

Looking at Liam, I saw him and Kelly having fun by the seashore, splashing around and running around while laughing. Luna and Leo were under the shade. Leo slept quietly while Luna read some magazine.

I decided to join my two friends that now went for a swim.

- "Hey guys, is it cold?" I asked just as I reached the water.

Liam and Kelly turned their attention back to me and looked at each other with mischievous smiles. I knew what those smiles meant. I was fucked.

Before I could run away I was being splashed with a monstrous amount of water. Gladly it wasn't even near cold.

- "You could have just said no you assholes!" I said and got inside the sea moving straight to Liam to push his stupid head inside the water while Kelly laughed at the interaction.

- "Don't laugh Kells, you're next." I said as soon as I let Liam come up for air.

- "Hell no! I'm out." She responded moving out of the water and going to lie down on the sand.

- "I could have died Harley! What the fuck is wrong with you?" I heard Liam being dramatic as fuck and turned to him with a smile.

- "Next time don't get me wet you idiot." I said making Liam laugh loudly, confusing me. Oh wait...

- "I'm pretty sure that's Alix's job, but I'm pleased to know that I have that effect on you. Actually you know what, I'm not, that's weird." He said and made a disgusted expression, just like me.

I breathed out not wanting to give this conversation a continuation and looking back at Liam I asked him what had been on my mind since this morning.

- "Hey, hum L. Where did you sleep last night?" I asked Liam who was looking ahead and noticed he was looking at Kelly who was soaking the sun in her towel.

He looked at me like he was caught by surprise by my question.

- "Last night? At the beach actually. I, I didn't want to sleep in my room." He responded thinking of something now.

I scrunched my eyebrows together wondering if it had to do with Kelly.

- "Did you sleep alone? I mean... oh fuck it. Did something happen between you and Kelly?" I asked not wanting to beat around the bush.

He now looked at me shocked with wide eyes.

- "I, I why would you think that?" He responded not being able to talk properly.

I didn't know if I should tell him about June's entire thing from this morning, it seemed as if I would be telling him something that wasn't mine to tell and to be honest me and Alix had already stepped on some boundaries in what comes to Liam's and June's relationship.