[43.1] Battlefield

[Italic(?) in this chapter is not for the diary]

Where am i?

Why am i here?

Shouldn't i be in the operation room right now?

What is this white dress?

Shouldn't i be wearing a hospital gown?

"Minari!!!!"

Did someone called out my name from behind?

Should it turn and see who?

*hug*

Did someone just give me a backhug?

This hands...

The warmth...

This good smell...

I know who you are...

"Chae-Chaeyoung?" I ask.

The person released the backhug and show herself in front of me.

"Yes, Minari. It's me!!!!" She said happily, throw me her ear to ear smile. This cute tiger cub...

But not like her. I can't form a smile on my face...

"Can i touch you?" I asked.

"Of-of course you c-can. Why n-not?"

"Can i reach for you this time?" I am scared.

"You can..."

"Can i walk closer to you this time? Won't you disappear again?" I am scared. I am scared. I am scared. Yes, i am scared. I am scared once i walk closer to her, try to reach for her, she will disappear again..

"Mina. You can feel me. You can touch me. You can walk closer to me. I won't disappear. Didn't i just gave you the backhug? You can feel it right? And now look. I am still here," she said.

But i am scared.

I want to touch your face. I want to hug you. But i am scared it's a lie.

"Mina-ya... why don't you response? You are not happy to see me? To meet me?" She said. Cracked voice could be heard.

It's not like that, Chaeyoung-ah..

"Is my confession from the last letter make you feel awkward with me?" Her face changed red. She's.... she's angry...

Damn it mouth! Say something! Say that it's not true!

"I knew it..." she said as she turned around. Now her back is facing me. "I.... i knew it... i knew it... i knew it," she blame herself as she start punching her own chest.

"I knew it... she doesn't have the same feeling like you have towards her, Chaeyoung. Stop dreaming. Myself just make her feel awkward to be around me. I knew it. What's wrong with me.. didn't i said that i love her? Not like but love. Why am i expecting her to love me back? Stop. This is my fault. Idiot me..." she said to herself as her voice getting ticker and ticker.

Now, Chaeyoung is on the floor hugging her legs and crying out loud.

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, MOUTH! SAY SOMETHING!

"Chaeyoung..."

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!"

"Chaeyoung-ah... it's not like-"