Chapter Two

It had been a month since Richie bought Eddie, and their relationship had gotten better, and worse. It was kind of like a hill, it went up and up, and then slowly went down. Richie would ignore his neko at times, when he was really stressed.

Once night, Eddie felt really playful. He was playing with his red yarn ball as he meowed. He looked up at Richie, who was working on his homework. "Richieeee! Play with me!" Richie huffed, rolling his eyes before working on his homework. Eddie whined, crawling over to Richie's feet. He nuzzled into them, purring in pleasure.

"What do you want? Look, baby, I'm busy. I'll play with you once I'm done." Eddie sullenly nodded, crawling a bit backwards to leave him alone. Five minutes passed, ten, twenty. Richie was almost done, writing his last sentence. "And DONE!" Eddie leaped up onto his feet and hopped over to Richie. "Play?" Richie shook his head, "Later. I need to give you a bath."

Eddie's ears flattened at the word. He hated water, especially if it was filled with germs. "No." He simply stated, stomping his foot. Richie looked at him sternly, "if you were one of the losers, I would've made a rude remark. Unfortunately, I need to keep my mouth shut. Now let's go." Before he could protest, he was being dragged to the bathroom. "Noooo."

Richie pulled him inside and locked the door. He turned on the water,  checking it to see if it was cold. Once he made the temperature perfect, he said. "Okay, kitty. Get in." Eddie shook his head. "No. It's ew and yuck." Me to school though. Richie looked at him firmly, "listen here. If you don't get in, I'll force you in." Eddie's ears flattened as he sniffled. He was still a fragile baby.

He began to strip and get into the bathtub involuntarily. Richie hummed and grabbed the sponge, starting to clean the boy. Eddie shut his eyes, very unpleased with the situation. He sniffled as Richie washed his hair and ears. He hated being touched by a sponge, a material that was filled with germs.

Eddie scored away, sniffling quietly. Richie looked at him closely, seeing tears fill his eyes. "Hey hey, don't cry." "I-I d-don't w-wanna b-be t-touched with that." Richie dropped the sponge instantly, "oh no, baby." Eddie pouted making Richie smile and lean down to peck his lips. "How about I join you?" Eddie nodded, smiling. Richie grinned and stripped to his underwear, deciding to leave it on like Eddie did.

He got into the bathtub and pulled Eddie onto his lap, grabbing the shampoo and massaging it into his hair. Eddie giggled when Richie planted kisses into his cheek. "Feel better?" Eddie hummed, nodding. After shampooing twice and conditioning one, Richie rinsed the boy's hair and pushed him off gently. He got out of the tub and dried himself off before holding Eddie's hand while he got out so he wouldn't slip.

He took the blow dryer and began drying Eddie's hair and ears. He whined when the dryers blowed into his ears, making Richie dry his hair extra carefully.

Once they were done, both dry, Richie pecked Eddie's cheek, "All done!" Eddie got up from the closed lid of the toilet and snuggled into the fluffy towel, walking into their room. Richie picked out Eddie's pajamas and laid time on the bed. While Eddie changed, he changed too, smiling at the comfort of his pajamas.

"Okay baby. NOW we can play." Eddie grinned and took his hand, dragging him to the living room where they kept Eddie's toys. He took out a board game, monopoly. Richie chuckled, "Really, Eds? Monopoly? You're lucky that you're cute. Alright, let's start." Nonetheless, before they knew it, Eddie had won. "Oh shut it! I let you win obviously," Richie grumbled.

Eddie giggled and scooted closer, giving Richie a peck. The taller boy smiled, "Geez, that's better than winning." He stood up and "announced" that Eddie had won in a really southern accent, "All righty ya'll! Eddie Spaghetti hassss woon!" Eddie laughed, his ears twitching. "Ding ding ding," he added. Richie smiled down at the boy and crouched down, letting his lips linger on the smaller boy's lips.