Chapter Seventy Nine

Mike straightened his outfit, waiting for his plan to take action. He was standing in a shape of a heart made out of rose petals and candles.

Clutching a ring box tightly he waited for Will to find the path.

Bill and Richie had guided the boy along the path, accompanying him to his destination.

Will had an idea of what was going to happen, his heart thundering in his chest in excitement. He wiped his sweaty palms, taking big breaths, not able to wipe the huge grin off his face.

He walked quickly, trying to get there as soon as possible. Will hadn't even realized that he was now walking alone, Richie and Bill hiding away in some bush.

The small boy kept walking, now running fast and swiftly, panting. He stopped, almost falling to his knees at the sight in front of him.

Mike was on one knee, a huge, diamond ring right inside the ring box he was holding, tears in his eyes as Will approached him. Will covered his mouth, gasping, tears rolling down his cheeks.

It was finally happening.

"Will," Mike breathed out, smiling widely as he looked up at the tear filled eyes of his boyfriend. "My baby, my best friend, my world, my everything..." he started off, chest tightening.

"...From the first day we met, that day in kinder garden, I've loved you. I love you so much, Will," he said softly, Will choking on his tears.

"Being your friend was the best thing I've ever done, baby. Being your boyfriend was the next best thing."

He took a deep breath, "I've decided that...that I want us to be together forever, Will. I don't want; I don't need anyone else other than you. You are my everything and words cannot express how much you mean to me. I'm in love with you and there's no way out."

"I'm here, on my knees, asking if you would make me the happiest man alive and marry me, Will Byers."

Will's trembled knees shook, the boy falling down. He was speechless, so instead of speaking, he grabbed Mike's face, slamming his lips on his.

Mike put the box down, kissing back with equal force. A thin line of saliva connected their lips when they pulled away, Will nodded vigorously.

Mike held his hand, giving it a squeeze. "Say it, baby. I need to hear you say it."

"Yes! Oh, god, fuck yes! I trillion times yes!" Mike gave him another kiss, grabbing the box and slipping the diamond ring onto Will's delicate finger, a tear slipping down his cheek.

"I love you." "I love you too, Mr Wheeler number 2."