Chapter Eighty One

With wobbly hands, Richie cautiously climbed up the stairs with two steaming hot cups of tea. His baby was playing the piano with his little fingers and he wanted to surprise him with a warm drink.

With a smile, he looked at the tea cup, the liquid moving from side to side. He had filled the cups too much, and he was now trying not to spill the tea.

Without knowing, he bumped into Eddie, the steaming hot tea spilling all over his poor baby, burning his delicate skin.

It wasn't even a tiny amount, it was a full cup of tea that was spilled, half of both cups.

Eddie had ran into him, full force, and was now screaming in pain, clawing to rip his shirt off. Richie, in panic, dropped the tea cups, the glass shattering into tiny pieces.

He ran to Eddie, ripping his shirt off him and picking him up, being extra careful to not touch the burnt skin.

Eddie cried into his chest, the burning sensation leaving his skin red and splotchy. "I'm so sorry, baby," he whispered, panicking as he sat Eddie onto the bed. "D-Daddy," he cried, making grabby hands. "I'm going to get a wet cloth, baby, wait for daddy."

Richie ran to the bathroom, wet a cloth and ran back to his crying boy. He gently placed him on his lap, dapping the wet cloth onto his hurt skin.

"Daddy is so so sorry, baby. You know we don't run in the house though." Eddie nodded, clinging to Richie as he sniffled.

"S-Sowwy dada, me no do 'gain." "It's okay, baby. Daddy's very sorry too. He didn't mean to burn you."

Eddie sniffled, pressing his lips to Richie's cheek softly.

After Richie treated Eddie's burns, he applies some cream and got him an ice pack. "They're going to hurt for a few days, baby boy. I'm sorry."

Eddie nodded, hugging Richie, "It otay, me nu ded, da! See?" He gestured to himself, a huge grin on his adorable face.

"Yes, baby. I can see that," Richie smiled adoringly, kissing Eddie's little face all over, the boy giggling in delight. He then leaned down to kiss his burned skin, making sure the kisses were chaste and soft.

"You're adorable and beautiful and ANGELIC, baby," Richie commented, Eddie blushing and snuggling into his chest. "Twank oo, daddy, me alreddie knows tho."