Chapter Sixty-Four

Requested <<

Streddie

---

Richie looked at the insects in pure curiosity, his mouth slightly agape. "Woah!" He exclaimed, eyes shining with amusement behind his thick-framed glasses. His curly hair was a mess, tangled and shooting in all sorts of directions. But Stan thought he looked absolutely adorable as always.

Stan was watching Richie, a small smile on his lips. His eyes were squinted, the blinding sun hitting him directly in the eye. Richie kept picking bugs up and showing Stan, making the older boy grimace at them but force a smile anyway. "That's great, Rich. It's very pretty."

Richie just flashed his heart stopping smile at Stan before digging for more. His hands were covered in mud and dirt, his shorts already filthy. Normally, Stan would never let Richie get that dirty. But it was an apology for accidentally hitting Richie in the eye when he was pulling the covers over them last night.

(My mum accidentally did that to me oWo)

Stan was wincing as dirt got under Richie's nails. He attempted to scratch his face with his hands, making Stan pounce on him, slapping his hands away gently. "No, Rich, your hands are dirty. Don't touch your face, you can get sick."

Richie looked him dead in the eye before he opened his mouth, ready to suck his thumb. Stan slapped that away too. "No! I'll bring hand sanitizers and wipes, don't touch your face!" Richie nodded innocently. "What do you say?" Otay da! Me no touchy!" Richie grinned again. "Good boy. I'll be back in a minute."

Richie nodded, returning to his dugout hole, cooing at a caterpillar he found. Stan rushed inside, wetting a cloth to wipe Richie with, holding it under the lukewarm water. When he ran back, rushing so he could make sure Richie didn't touch, he was met with the garden without the little boy.

"Richie?" He called out, panicking. He heard a giggle behind him. Stan whipped around, facing Richie who was giving him a toothy grin, a lizard on his head. "Look daddy! Lizard!"

Stan was horrified, the green creature watching him with its beady eyes, claws stretched out. Without taking his eyes off it, he took a step towards the paper towel, walking backward.

"Richie, I can assure you that you will be punished for this." Richie's wide smile fell, tugging at Stan's heartstrings. "B-But." Richie didn't do anything wrong! He was just trying to be funny for his daddy! He didn't even know that bringing a pet inside was a bad thing. His eyes appeared to be teary in a matter of seconds, lips quivering.

Stan braced himself for the angst and emotional trauma. "I-I sowwy for b-being bad, daddy," Richie whispered, looking down, sobbing lightly and shutting his eyes, facing the ground. Stan felt horrible whenever Richie cried. "P-Please p-punish me for d-disappointing you."

That did it. Stan now has to seek 100390293020392093 years of therapy because he couldn't wipe the sight of his precious baby crying because of him.

"Okay, okay. It's okay, baby. No punishment. Just don't move, okay?" Richie sniffled, nodding, making the lizard on his head climb down and into his shirt. He burst out laughing, "t-tickles! Da-Daddy, get Gilbert off!" Stan stifled a laugh before grabbing Richie's waist, holding him still. "Where is he?"

"O-On my chest!" Stan softly and slowly took Richie's shirt off, revealing the lizard on Richie's chest. "He's cold," Richie giggled, taking Gilbert into his hands. "Can we keep him! Pretty pwease!" Stan looked away to not give into Richie's puppy dog eyes.
"Baby, Gilbert probably has a family. We don't want them to be sad, right?"

Richie pouted, sadly looking at Gilbert. "B-But I wove him!" "Is it normal that I'm jealous?" Stan quietly muttered. "I know, precious. But we both know his boyfriend will be sad. Wouldn't you be sad if I got taken away from you?" Richie gasped, putting the lizard on his head and waddling quickly over to Stan. He extended his hands, pouting.

Stan embraced him, smiling but frowning at the lizard. "D-Daddy no go.... Gilbert boyfwend vewy sad..." "Yes, darling." Richie squirmed out of Stan's arms, taking Gilbert into his cupped hands and placing him on the grass. "Bye byes Gilbert, me wove you!" Stan smiled, kissing his cheek. "Good boy. You're so thoughtful." Richie proceeded to rub Stan's cheek. "No be jealous, me woves you too, da!"

"I love you too."