Chapter Five

Mute! Eddie

2 years ago
Richie was waiting for the losers at the local playground. He kicked the small pebbles around, readjusting his glasses every know and then. Oh how he despised the cries of the babies, how much he hated their wails. He wasn't good with babies. He could take kids, but babies? Hell no. He would rather listen to a fork circling a plate for hours to be honest.

He took a look around. There were small kids playing on the slides, some chasing each other, some playing childish games. Richie smiled lightly. He remembered when he played those games. As he took a look around, he noticed a boy his age, alone on the swings. He looked like he was crying, sniffling. He had cute freckles dotted across his rosy cheeks, chocolate, wide brown eyes that were filled with innocence.

Richie frowned. He didn't want the boy to be crying. He slowly made his way over to the boy. He looked up at Richie, alarmed. "Hey, um, I'm Richie. I saw that you were crying so I came over to see what's up." The boy opened his mouth, then closed it again. Richie found this unusual, but mistook it for shyness. "Uh, so why're you crying?" The boy's bottom lip trembled. Richie scoffed, "so you're aren't going to speak?" The boy bit his lip, still looking at Richie with pleading eyes.

Richie was offended. He thought the boy was rude and that he intentionally didn't want to speak. "Fine. Have it your way. I don't even care why you're crying. Bye." Richie turned to leave, but small hands grabbed his arm, pulling him back. He looked back to see the boy, now standing, holding his arm, shaking his head. Richie now got to see that this boy was really short. His head reached his chest. Richie looked down at him, raising an eyebrow, "dude, what's your problem? Let me go!"

His head snapped to the losers club. They had arrived, grinning as they walked closer. The boy smiled at them, waving. "Richie! So you alreddie met Eddie, huh?" Richie looked at the small boy. "Uh, yeah, I guess." Ben waved at the boy, "he's our new friend. We met him a few days ago when you were sick." Richie interrupted, "why doesn't he talk?" Silence filled the area.

"Richie...Um, he's mute." Beverly explained slowly, giving Eddie a small smile. Richie's heart hammered. He felt like an asshole. "Oh my god! Eddie, I'm so sorry! I didn't know!" Eddie gave him a small smile, making gestures with his hand. Richie knew a tiny bit of sign language. "It's okay." Eddie signed.

Ever since then, Richie became very over protective and close with Eddie. He found the short boy adorable, and would tell him that every chance he got. Richie was dedicated to learn sign language.

Present time.

Now, at age seventeen, the two boys had been dating for about 2 years. Richie had asked Eddie on a date, to which Eddie had accepted, extremely happy. Richie was going over to Eddie's house, bringing over some snacks and chocolate. Sleepovers were the best for them, and they loved spending time together, (and sleeping in the same bed oops what) and just being around each other.

Richie grabbed his keys and left his house, not bothering to tell his mum that he was going out to Eddie's. She wouldn't care anyway. He grabbed his bike and began to pedal over to Eddie's. It didn't take long for him to get there. He threw his bike onto the floor and ran to the front door.

After knocking for a few times, a small boy opened the door. A grin spread across his face as he was picked up instantly. "Hi, Eds! REDDIE for our sleepover?" Richie felt Eddie nod his head as he stepped inside. He put Eddie down and took his shoes off. "Let's go upstairs!" Richie dashed upstairs, Eddie following him. The two jumped onto the bed, Richie pulling Eddie closer to him.

Richie kissed all over Eddie's face, making him squirm and smile, thrashing around slightly. "I love you," Eddie signed, blushing. Richie booped his nose, "nope. I love you more," Eddie shook his head, showing his tongue out to Richie before hopping off the bed. He ran out of the room, Richie laughed and running after him, desperate to catch his baby boy.