Devastation |42|

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Death.

It's imminent, there is absolutely no way of stopping it. When it happens, it happens.

But there is a difference between death happening naturally, and it being self-inflicted.

In my case,

There was a self-inflicted death.

One that I was undoubtedly disgusted and distraught over...

My own sister.

. . . . . .

"Kennedy!" Logan shouted as I was listening to music while doing yoga.

It was 11:00pm now. I couldn't sleep and had decided to keep myself distracted. They say yoga can calm the nerves and its good for pregnancy.

So I was killing two birds with one stone.

I flutter open my eyes to see logan walking across the bridge over the koi pond.

He's wearing a black maverick v-neck, bkack pants, his black Gucci shoes, his platinum rolex, his gold chain kthat i could barely see), and his gold rimmed fake glasses.

I picked up my phone beside me, turning off my music and setting it aside once more.

Logan kneeled down in front of me, his right forearm resting on his right knee.

I cradled my enormous stomach now. I was finally at the 9 month mark, soon enough we'd have a little Logan running around, or a little me if we're lucky.

I'm kidding.

He placed a hand on a spot where our little one was kicking and a smile lit up his face. I looked at the blue mat that I was sitting on, feeling horrible that I could barely crack a smile.

Logan looked up at me and away from my bare stomach. I was wearing a black Calvin Klein sports bra, I'm not nakey. He sighed, bringing the hand that once rubbed my belly to my face. He cupped it gently, his glasses hanging low on the bridge of his nose.

"I don't have to go to Atlanta." He suggested.

I shook my head and leaned towards him, kissing his cheek.

"No, I'll be fine. I want to be alone." I replied with a small smile.

He gave me a look that read,'no you're not, and I don't believe you'. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Logan, really. Im okay, I just want to... mourn." I stated.

I wanted to scream.

"Kennedy, just know I love you. I'm always here for you." He reiterated for the 27th time in the last 50 hours.

"I do know that, I love you too." I cheerfully smiled.

"Good. But the instant you tell me you need me, I'll be on a private plane within minutes." He declared, giving me a serious and concerned expression.

"I know and I am thankful for that. I'm thankful for you." I held his hand that rested on his knee, rubbing it gently with my thumb.

"I'm just worried about not being here if you go into labor. I hate being away from you." He explained with doe eyes.

"Hey, just go. I'll call you every night and I will try my best to keep this baby in until you're home. Does that sound reasonable?" I suggested.

"Oof, fine." He gave in.