24

Jason's POV

I looked at Chris strangely. He shrugged his shoulders, no idea why she was acting this way. I walked upstairs to my bedroom quietly. The door was cracked open and it was silent. I opened the door and scanned the room to find Sydney huddled in the far corner with her knees to her chest and her head between her knees.

I walked over to her slowly. I bent down in front of her. "Princess, are you okay?" I asked her softly.

She started rocking herself back and forth. "He's going to get me, he's coming for me." She mumbled.

"Sydney, princess look at me." she brought her head up and looked into my eyes. "No one's going to get you. I won't let anyone get you." She looked into my eyes and saw the honesty in my words.

She jumped into my arms, pushing her head against my chest. I sat down with her on my lap and let her relax again. After about ten minutes, I heard her yawn. I stood up with her in my arms, causing her to open her eyes in fright. She started struggling in my arms. "Sydney, it's okay. I'm just moving you to the bed." she calmed down and let me set her on the bed.

I started walking over to the closet when I heard her whimper. I smiled lightly at her. "I'm just going to get you some clothes." she nodded her head, telling me I can go.

I went to the closet and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a white wife beater tank top. I grabbed Sydney a shirt of mine and one of her pajama shorts. I walked back to her and bent down in front of her.

"Princess, will you change for me?" I asked her. I handed her the clothes and she just sat there. "Do you want help?" I asked her.

I stood up and she back away from me. I tilted my head confused. "Sydney, I'm not going to hurt you. I promise I won't look, just let me help you." She nodded her head and crawled to me. I slowly took off her shirt, trying not to scare her. When It was off I touched her bra and looked at her for approval. She nodded her head and I unbuckled it. I put on the shirt I grabbed for her and slipped it on her. I bent down and slipped off her pants. I then put on the shorts for her and stood up.

I lifted her up slightly to put her underneath the covers. I started walking over to the couch when I heard her speak. "Stay with me," she whispered.

I nodded my head and walked back to the bed. I climbed into the bed with her and she laid next to me, with her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "I'm going to protect you, I promise. I'm not going to let anyone get you."

The rest of the night she would wake up screaming, but I was able to calm her down, letting her go back to sleep. Whoever Robert was talking about has her terrified. I don't know who but all I know is I'm not going to let anything happen to her...

***********************************************************************************************

Next parts completed for this week! thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed the story so far. Please comment your favorite part so far and comment any characters you like so far and why! Plus if you have questions about me or the book I'd love to answer them! Thank you again and I hope yall have a great week!