74

Jason's POV

I have never held on to something more for dear life than I have to the car as Sydney was driving. She drove unbelievably fast, more than twenty or so mph above the speed limit. She weaved through the streets passing everyone. I swear if this is how I die. "Sydney will you slow down?" I asked.

She laughed. "Why? You scared amore?"

"No" I scoffed. "Just don't want the cops to pull us over for reckless driving."

"Whatever you say." she chuckled. "Don't worry. The place we're going is just around the corner."

She took a fast sharp left into a small mall of stores. She drove in and parked in front of a small shop. "A tattoo shop? Are you getting a tattoo princess?"

"Well we are," she said turning the car off.

"We are?" I questioned raising an eyebrow at her.

She bit her lip and started playing with her hands. "I mean if you're up to it? I had an idea but you don't have to if you don't want to," she said sounding disappointed.

I smiled and reached over pulling her lip from between her teeth with my thumb. "I'm up to whatever you want. Just don't make it something embarrassing okay princess?"

She smiled leaning over kissing my lips. "I promise. C'mon let's go in." she hopped out of the car excitedly.

I chuckled. She always seemed to get excited about the smallest things. I climbed out of the car and walked over to her putting my arm around her. I kissed the side of her head. "You're so adorable."

She giggled and walked us into the parlor. It was a medium-sized room with a couch close to the door. There was a desk towards the back with an office next to it. To the right, there were three doors where it seemed you would get the tattoos. There was a man sitting at the desk doing paperwork. "Oh, I'm sorry we are about to close. Please come by tomorrow." said the man with a heavy accent.

"Is it closed for me Marco?" she asked.

The man looked up and smiled when he saw her. He walked over to us. He had long shaggy, curly black hair, grey-blue eyes, and stubble along his chin and cheeks. He was wearing a tank top showing off his completely tattooed body. "Bella Donna. (beautiful woman.)" Sydney moved away from me and hugged him. He kissed both her cheeks before grabbing her hands and kissing her knuckles. "Come va? (how are you?)"

She giggled. "Sto bene. (I'm good)"

He opened up her arms and looked at her. "Well don't you look beautiful as always. I've missed you. Why don't you work at the bar anymore?"

My hands balled into fists. I didn't like how he was looking at her. "It's complicated," she said.

The man nodded. "Well, Donna you are just glowing. Are you incinta? (pregnant)"

She chuckled shaking her head. "Observant as always. You were close though, I just had a bambino. A boy, Antonio."

"That's amazing Donna." he smiled. The man looked over at me and bit his lip. "Well, are you going to introduce me to your Bello friend? (handsome)"

She chuckled and turned to me grabbing my hand. "Marco this is my boyfriend Jason King. Jason this is Marco Bianchi. He's a regular at the bar I used to work at. He's from the same city in Italy as I was."

I pulled her to me by her waist. "Well it's nice to meet you, Jason," he said.

When I said nothing Sydney slightly elbowed me in the stomach. "Uh, it's nice to meet you too."