44

After we had the talk we all went to go to sleep. I decided to sleep in Madi's room to which Jason unhappily agreed to. Chris helped me bring my suitcase upstairs to her room, setting it on the floor before leaving the room to go to sleep. I opened it up and grabbed my makeup bag, a pair of black shorts and a white long sleeve crop top. I go into the bathroom to change while Madi changed in her room. I stripped and put my pajamas on, take off my makeup, brush my teeth, and throw my hair in a messy bun. I left the bathroom to see Madi sitting on her bed.

She smiled at me. "I'm really glad you're back."

"It's good to be back, I missed you,"I said, sitting down next to her on the bed.

"I missed you too. But I was happy if you were happy," she said.

"Thank you."

"No problem... so are you ever going to tell me where you guys were?" she laughed.

I shook my head smiling. "Not yet... you know just in case we have to get out of here again."

"I understand... okay real-time talk," she said. "What are you gonna do about Jason? Like what are you two?" she asked.

I sighed. "We-we aren't anything really. I mean I like him but I don't know if I can trust him, at least not yet. I'm not even sure how he even really feels about me."

"Trust me when I say this. He has feelings for you like he might not know it just yet but you mean so so much to him."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Whatever the case may be, I'm going to take it slow with him. Let whatever feelings that may or may not be there grow and take root before we move any further."

She nodded her head. "Good plan, and just so you know whatever you decide, I'll always be here for you. You're like one of my best friends."

I smiled and leaned in and hugged her. "Thank you, I feel the same way."

We let each other go and both yawned. We chuckled. "Let's get some sleep."

I nodded. We climbed under the blankets and turned off the lights. "Goodnight."

"Night Sydney." and with that, I soon fell asleep...

The next morning I woke up and sat up, yawning. I looked over to see Madi fast asleep, halfway out of the blankets. I look at the clock to see it was three AM. I shook my head. Stupid time differences. I carefully got up and pulled the blankets on Madi without waking her up. I walked over to her desk and sat down, rubbing my forehead.

All I could think about all night was what a life with Jason could be like. I imagined getting married, raising a family, and growing old together. But I knew none of these things can happen if we don't get our shit together. I opened her desk drawers looking for a pen and piece of paper. I opened a drawer to see a dozen or so pictures of everyone. There were smiling pictures of Sean, Sam, and Patrick, pictures of Jason looking annoyed at the camera and so many candid ones of Chris. I'll have to talk about these with her later. I closed it and opened another to find what I was looking for. It took me about twenty minutes to finish. I examined my work before standing up and walking out of the room. I walked over to Jason's door and knocked on the door...