43

Jason's POV

She nodded. "Alright well after... 'it' happened, he soon told me about his life. He was the nephew of the boss of the gang 'the Black Roses.' His uncle died when he was 16, a little bit before we met, making him the new boss. Dante took me from my foster family and had me live at the gang house, Neither the system or Connor knew. Dante let me continue going to school and see Connor when he thought I was being good. I-i was sorta the gang whore. Umm, Dante would do as he pleased with me and when he saw fit his men could do the same, but most of the time no one was to touch me but him. " I squeezed her hips and took in a breath. She grabbed my hand and held it in hers on her lap. " I soon met Amelia and Jackson at a peace party the Gray's were having. Jackson and Amelia were both 17 like Dante as I was only 15. They both saw I was in a bad situation and tried to help me but- there wasn't much they could do without starting a war. But they helped me when they could, and we became friends. They watched out for me and kept me safe."

she paused for a second. "I never did thank you for being there for me. Grazie" she said to Amelia.

Amelia shook her head. "There's no need to thank me, sweetie."

Sydney smiled at her before continuing. "Dante loved that I was Italian so when we went to California or anywhere really he would call me by my middle name and my mother's maiden name- Annelise Di' Medici, that's what I was known as to the gang world. I was with him for a little more than two years. I lived in the house, came to California whenever there was a meeting, and I went to school. One day Connor realized that I didn't live with my foster parents, I still don't know how he found out. He confronted me and I told him everything. He wanted us to leave, for me to leave, but I knew I couldn't. Dante always told me if I left he would kill Connor in front of me, it's what kept me obedient. I-i couldn't do it. Connor said he would let it go but apparently, he did not. One day I came home from school and Dante told me that his men won a big deal and that they could have their fun with me. It went on for about ten minutes when the police broke down the door. Dante and his main lieutenants, excluding his second in command, were all arrested on scene. I was put on trial and my testimony put them all away. We were still underage so we were placed with the Fields and started using our father's last name- Black. We lived at the Fields for a little less than a year and graduated high school while working two jobs. And now I'm here."

Madi broke the silence. "Wow... that was a lot. Sydney I'm so sorry."

"It's alright. It's in the past."

"Sydney who was Dante's second?" asked Sean.

"Bobby. Well, you probably know him as Robert Stevenson."

" Is that why you were so scared of him?" I asked. She nodded. "Alright well, I think we've had enough talking for today. How about we all get some sleep? We can do something tomorrow, yeah?" everyone nodded. "Amelia?" she looked at me. "You're welcome to stay the night."

She shook her head. "Thank you but I want- I need to go home and see Jackson." Sydney and Amelia both stood up and hugged each other. Amelia whispered something in her ear and kissed her forehead before walking to the door. Sydney turned to hug Chris and Madi goodnight as I caught up with Amelia.

"Amelia?"

"Yes?"

"Umm" I started. " i-i just wanted to thank you. For keeping her safe."

She nodded. "Of course. She's my family, I'll always protect her. So know this" her eyes narrowed slightly and she had a tone that meant business. "If... you ever hurt her again, I will cause you so much pain... you will be begging me to kill you."

I nodded. "I understand. I don't plan on hurting her again."

"Let's hope you don't." and with that, she left...

***********************************************************************************************

wow  three chapters in a day! hope you all are enjoying the book and if you are please vote comment and share my story with others! have a grreat weekend and i hope everyone has a great summer!