39

"no Sydney, are you insane?" asked Chris.

I shrugged. "not any more than usual."

"This isn't the time for jokes Sydney," said Chris. I rolled my eyes. " don't roll your eyes at me."

"Don't tell me what to do," I warned.

"Sorella, I'm not so sure this is a good idea," said Connor.

I sighed. " maybe it is maybe it isn't... but I have to do this."

" damn it, Syd! Listen to reason. It isn't safe." said Chris in an annoyed voice.

"I will be there to protect her," said Amelia.

" like you will be able to protect her." sneered Chris.

"Better than you could." She said as she took a step towards Chris.

I grabbed her arm, stopping her. "It is my decision, now you can either stay here or come with me."

"I'm with you Sorella... no matter what."

"I'll follow you anywhere and I'll always protect you." Said Amelia.

Chris sighed and put his hands up. " fine I'm in but I'm totally against this."

I smiled. "Good it's decided then... we're going back to California."

***********************************************************************************************

The four of us arrived in California at seven o'clock at night. We took two taxis to the house with Amelia and me in one and Chris and Connor in the other. Arriving at the house we got our stuff and paid the guys. We walked up to the front porch unlocked the front door. A few seconds passed before Sean opened the door.

He looked up four of us before smiling slightly. " you're back."

"Yeah. Yeah, we are" I said.

He chuckled. He stepped forward and took me in his arms. " I'm glad you are safe." He released me and went to Chris. They did the classic bro hug and patted each other on the back before letting go. Sean turned back to me" but why are you back?"

"Madi called. Told me that Jason isn't doing good. I-I had to come back." I said.

"Okay. Well, come inside. I'm sure Madi and Sam will be excited to see you." He stepped aside and let us through.

We walked into the living room where Madi was sitting on the couch. "Sydney!" exclaimed Madi before she ran over and hugged me. "I'm so glad you came back." I laughed and hugged her back.

She let me go and went to Chris. She slapped him across the face. "Oww what the hell Madi?"' whined Chris.

"That was for leaving and not letting me come." she then grabbed his collar and kissed him. He stood there surprised for a moment before kissing her back. She pulled away and stayed in his arms. "And that was because I missed you." Chris put his hand on her cheek and started kissing her again.

"Okay uh let's give them some space," I said. We walked into the kitchen where Sam and Patrick were sitting.

"Sydney. Welcome back." she came over and hugged me. "How have you been?"

"I've been okay." I smiled.

"And you must be Connor and you're Amelia Gray. It's nice to meet you both."

"Hi ms Sydney," said Patrick.

I smiled at him. "Hey, bambino."

"Where have you been?" he asked.

"I went home for a while, but I'm back now," I said squatting down next to him. He smiled and gave me a hug. When he let me go I turned to sean. "Where is he?"

"Sydney... you don't have to. We won't tell him that you're back." He said.

"I have to do this. Where is he?"

Sean nodded his head up. " his room." I started walking to the stairs when Sean spoke again. "Sydney.... look just prepare yourself for what you might see. He isn't in a good place right now."

"I understand." I walked all the way upstairs and to his door. I took a deep breath in before I opened the door. The room in front of me looked completely different from the room I left a month ago. The room I left was clean, organized and pristine. The room before me was torn apart, With broken furniture on the floor and broken glass beer bottles scattered throughout the room. The only clean, unbroken thing in the room was the bed, the side I slept on.

Sitting on the couch was Jason, holding from what I could see was a bottle of whiskey. "How many times do I have to say it? I'm fine. Now leave me alone." he gruffed out.

"You don't look fine." he froze mid drink and turned around. "Actually you look like the opposite of fine." He set down the bottle and stood up. His clothes were wrinkled and looked unclean. His hair was knotty, messed up, greasy, and a bit longer. His eyes had dark circles under his eyes as if he hadn't slept in forever. His face was pale, he looked as if he had lost some weight and his muscles were no longer defined like they had been. He looked like a wreck.

"Sydney?"

"Hey, Jason."

***********************************************************************************************

Yay, she's back! hey, everyone, I hope you are enjoying the story so far! If you do please vote comment and share. And please If you have questions about the story, about the characters or about me I'd be happy to answer them!