Chapter 4: Friendship Is All It Will Be (For Now)

Lauren's POV
I'm still upset about Alex. I feel so bad. Did I make a mistake? Should I have said yes?

(Lauren receives a text from Baz)

B- morning babe 😊
L- good morning Baz
B- is your flight today?
L- yeah today at 12 P.M.
B- oh ok
L- why?
B- just wanted to make sure
L- ok
B- so that means you'll arrive here like around 2 P.M.
L- yeah
B- ok well I'll see you when you arrive
L- ok
B- bye babe
L- bye

Ok that was the weirdest conversation Baz and I have ever had. He was acting very suspicious. Well its 7:30 A.M. so I better start getting ready.

Alex's POV
I can't stop thinking about Lauren! She's the only thing on my mind. Man I don't know what it is about her, but I think I'm falling for her, but there's nothing I can do. She's taken.

(Alex was just laying in bed, for an hour and then got the courage to text Lauren.)

A- hi Lauren
L- hey Alex
A- can we talk?
L- yeah
A- ok, do you want me to come over to your room?
L- yeah
A- ok I'll be there in 5
L- ok I'll see u in 5

(5 minutes later)

"Hi," Alex said.
"Hi," Lauren said.
"Um can I come in?" Alex asked.
"Yeah," Lauren said.
"I'm sorry I made things awkward yesterday," Alex said.
"Alex, it's ok. You didn't know!" Lauren said.
"So what I came here to talk about was us," Alex said.
"What do you mean?" Lauren asked.
"I like you. I can't deny that, but I understand your in a relationship. So I'm willing to be friends," Alex said.
"Really?" Lauren said.
"Yeah, you have no idea how much fun I had with you. I can put that awkward situation behind as long as we can be friends," Alex said.
"Thank god, because I did not want to loose you!" Lauren said.
"Well you aren't!" Alex said.
"So I would love to stay and chat, but I have to get to the airport! But you promise you'll text me everyday!" Lauren said.
"I promise, but as long as you promise you'll be coming to LA soon," Alex said.
"I promise!" Lauren said.
"Alright! Goodbye Lauren!" Alex said.
"Goodbye Alex!" Lauren said.

(Lauren got into an uber and got to the airport to head back to Toronto.)

I'm so happy Lauren is going to stay in my life. I'm glad she wants to speak to me everyday!

Lauren's POV
I'm so happy Alex wants to be friends. I'm glad he's putting the awkwardness behind us. At least he and I are going to stay in touch. Well time to get on the plane.

(When Lauren was about to take off, she received a text from Alex.)

A- Have a safe flight
L- thx
A- I'll talk to you some more after your flight
L- ok
A- hope to see you soon
L- me too
A- bye
L- bye

Aww Alex is so sweet. Not even Baz thought about texting me that. Did I make the right decision?

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter! So what do you think is going to happen next? Let me know in the comments. Also, thank you guys so much for the 105 reads. This is only the 4th chapter and this book already has over 100 reads, what? Anyway if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a vote, I would really appreciate it. Don't forget to come back for the next chapter to see what happens when Lauren arrives in Toronto. I hope to see you in the next chapter!
Mkay Bye!

— Citlaly