Chapter 20: Alex Meets Lauren's Parents

Alex's POV
Today I'm meeting Lauren's parents. I'm nervous! I hope they like me. I really hope today goes well.

Lauren's POV Today Alex is meeting my parents

Lauren's POV
Today Alex is meeting my parents. I can tell he is a little nervous, but he shouldn't be. I know they're going to like him, because what's not to like about Alex.

 I know they're going to like him, because what's not to like about Alex

(This is what Lauren is wearing.)

(A couple of hours later, and it's time for Lauren and Alex to drive to Lauren's childhood home.)

"Alex are you ready to meet my parents?" Lauren asked.
"Yeah, well kind of," Alex said.
"Are you nervous?" Lauren asked.
"A little," Alex said.
"Don't be. They're gonna like you. And remember I'm right here with you," Lauren said. (She then gave Alex a kiss on the cheek.)
"Ok, babe," Alex said while blushing a little.

(Lauren knocks on the door.)

"Hi Lauren!" MomDIY said.
"Hi mom," Lauren said. (She then hugged her mom.)
"Come in, come in. Hi you must be Alex. I'm Gail, Lauren's mom," MomDIY said.
"Hi Ms. Riihimaki, I'm Alex," Alex said.
"It's so nice to meet you, Lauren has told me so much about you," MomDIY said.
"Oh really," Alex said while looking at Lauren.
"Hi dad!" Lauren said. (She then hugged her dad.)
"Hi sweetie!" DadDIY said.
"Alex, this is my dad, Greg," Lauren said.
"Hi sir, I'm Alex!" Alex said.
"Hello Alex, I'm Greg, Lauren's father," DadDIY said.
"Sit down you two!" MomDIY said.
"Ok mom," Lauren said.
"So Alex, how did you meet my Lauren?" DadDIY asked.
"We met over a month ago in New York for Brandcast," Alex said.
"Oh, is Brandcast that thing you had to go to for YouTube in New York, Lauren?" DadDIY asked.
"Yes dad," Lauren said.
"Weren't you still with Baz?" DadDIY asked.
"Yes, but when Alex and I met, we were just friends. Until I went to visit Alex in LA after Baz and I broke up, Alex asked me to be his girlfriend," Lauren said.
"Oh ok," DadDIY said.
"So Alex where are you from?" MomDIY asked.
"Well LA," Alex said.
"Have you lived there your whole life?" MomDIY asked.
"No, the first half of my life I lived in Kentucky, and then I moved to North Carolina and recently 2 or 3 years ago I moved to LA," Alex said.
"Oh wow you've moved quite a bit in your life," MomDIY said.
"Yeah I have," Alex said.
"So who's hungry?" MomDIY asked.
"I am!" DadDIY said.

(So they all ate dinner and talked some more and then played games. Alex learned a lot about Lauren.)

"Mom and dad, tonight was fun, but I think we're gonna go," Lauren said.
"Alright ok. Goodbye sweetie and goodbye Alex," MomDIY said.
"Bye Mr. and Mrs. Riihimaki," Alex said.
"Bye sweetie and bye Alex!" DadDIY said.

(Lauren and Alex went back to Lauren's apartment.)

"So Lauren, how do you think I did? Do you think your parents like me?" Alex asked nervously.
"You were great! My parents really liked you," Lauren said.
"You're just saying that!" Alex said.
"Alex, I'm not! I swear!" Lauren said.
"How do you know?" Alex asked.
"Well my parents usually pull me aside to tell me if they like my boyfriend or not," Lauren said.
"Did they pull you aside tonight?" Alex asked.
"No," Lauren said.
"Wow! Then I guess they did like me. Have they pulled you away when you were introducing a boyfriend to them before?" Alex asked.
"Yeah, they have," Lauren said.
"Was it Baz?" Alex asked.
"Yes!" Lauren said.
"Wait really?" Alex asked.
"Yeah! They told me that they didn't trust him. I didn't want to believe them, but I guess they were right," Lauren said.
"Wow," Alex said.
"Well at least this was a clear sign you and I are meant to be," Lauren said.
"Yeah you're right! I love you!" Alex said.
"I love you too, Alex!" Lauren said.

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter! So thank you guys so much for 2k reads! What?!? It makes me so happy that there are so many of you reading my book, and it's not even that good. But thank you! Also so I started writing a new book on another account. And it's not Laurex related because that is what this account is for. So it's a very serious and a little depressing story. It's called The Broken Girl and the account is citlalylezama! You can check it out if you want! (Not forcing you!) Anyway if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a vote, I would really appreciate it. Let me know in the comments what your favorite part of this chapter was. I hope to see you in the next chapter!
Mkay Bye!

— Citlaly