Chapter 80: The Start As Parents

Lauren's POV
So we've been home with the twins for a week. And I did not imagine how stressful and exhausting it is to be a parent. Don't get me wrong, I love Riley and Addison, but oh my god this is tough. Well, my mom did say that parenthood isn't easy. And I can agree.

Alex and I have not gotten enough sleep. Both our parents warned us, telling us to really cherish a good night rest when we still had it. And they said it'll be a miracle for that to happen again.

It's currently 6:07 A.M. and the twins are crying again. And Alex and I decided to take turns with checking on them. And it's currently my turn.

"I'm coming babies," I called out. (Lauren rushes to the twins crib and checks on them. She realizes they need a diaper change so she changes their diapers.) "Ok babies, I'll check on you in a few minutes."

(Lauren starts walking out of the room and one of them starts crying.)

"Lauren, it's fine. I'll tend to the babies. Go back to bed," Alex said in a soft tone.
"No, it's ok. I got them," Lauren said back.
"I think it's my turn again. Just go rest. It was a long night for the both of us, just take a nap. Don't worry I got it," Alex said.
"I don't deserve you," Lauren said to him and she kissed him.
"I don't deserve you either. Now go to bed," Alex said.
"I will, and thank you," Lauren said to him.
"You're welcome, babe. I love you," he said.
"I love you too," she said to him.

(Lauren went to bed and Alex went to check on the twins.)

Alex's POV
So I told Lauren that I'll check on the twins. She stayed up with them for 2 hours last night and I felt so bad. So I told her to go to sleep and I'll take care of them.

(Alex goes to the twins room and realizes its Riley who is crying.)

"Aww, Riley. Come here," Alex said to her and he picked her up. "Shhh! Shhh! Relax sweetie, relax. Daddy's right here. I'll always be here, always. Ok, princess."

(Alex kissed Riley's forehead and rocked her back and forth. Once she was sound asleep, he carefully placed her back into her crib next to Addison. He then went back to their room and Lauren wasn't there.)

Riley is finally back to sleep. I wonder how long that will last? Anyway, I wanted to cuddle with my wife, but apparently, she isn't in bed. I bet she's downstairs making breakfast or cleaning. I'm gonna go downstairs and find out.

(Alex goes downstairs and finds Lauren in the kitchen making coffee.)

"So when I told you to go to bed, you took it as go downstairs to the kitchen and make coffee?" he asked.
"Sorry, Alex. I tried falling back to sleep, but I couldn't. I'm wide awake now. So I decided to go downstairs and start my morning with coffee. And you know I won't function correctly without my morning coffee," she said.
"True. Well, the twins are fast asleep. So when you left the room, Addison fell asleep, but Riley didn't," Alex told her.
"Of course she didn't. She takes awhile to fall asleep. As for Addison, he's easy to calm down. Pretty much Riley is more difficult," Lauren said.
"Yeah she's difficult-just like her mother," Alex joked. (Then Lauren smacked his arm.)
"Hey!" Lauren said.
"Ow! I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I swear, Chicken Nugget," he told her.
"You better be," Lauren warned him.
"I promise," he said and he kissed her cheek.
"Ok, I believe you. Anyway, do you want coffee?" Lauren asked him.
"Yes, please," Alex replied.
"How long do you think we'll have peace and quiet?" Lauren asked. (And then they hear a cry.)
"You just had to jinx it," Alex joked.
"Damn it. I did not think that would happen. You might as well bring them down to start their day too," Lauren said.
"Alright I'll bring them down," Alex said.
"Ok, thank you, baby," Lauren said.

(Alex went upstairs and grabbed both babies. It was a bit of a challenge, but Alex figured out how to grab them.)

"Alex! Do you need help with bringing the twins down?" Lauren called out.
"No, I got them!" Alex yelled back.
"Are you sure?" Lauren asked.
"Yes, I got them," Alex yelled.
"Ok," Lauren said.

(Alex then came down slowly with the twins.)

"See, I told you I got them," Alex said.
"I never said you didn't. I just asked if you needed help," Lauren clarified.
"Whatever. Well, I brought them down. Which one are you gonna grab?" Alex asked.
"I'll grab Addison. Come here baby," Lauren said to Addison in a baby voice. (Lauren then grabbed Addison from Alex and he fixed Riley in his arms.) "Oh my goodness, you're the cutest little boy, in my life. Yes, you are, yes you are."
"What about me?" Alex asked with a pout.
"Don't worry you're still the hottest man in my life," Lauren said to him. (She then kissed him on the cheek.)
"You hear that princess, your mommy says I'm hot," Alex said to Riley.
"God I love our family," Lauren said.
"Me too," Alex said.

(Lauren and Alex both sat on the couch with the twins. Then Moose ran up and sat next to them.)

Lauren's POV
The fact that this is my life, amazes me. I never thought this would be my life. I love my beautiful family, with all my heart! I love Riley and Addison, they are so precious. I know they'll be a handful, but I know Alex and I can do it. I can't wait to raise these two beautiful little humans. I love Moosie bear! He was my very first dog. And I love him so much! He was my first fur baby and he is amazing. And I love my amazing Chicken Tender. My rock. My everything. My Alex. I love him so much. He has been there for me, since day 1. I love this man so much. I know he loves me too!

This is my life, and I wouldn't trade for anything else. This is my life now!

(Lauren and Alex ended up falling asleep with the twins in their arms. And then Moosie fell asleep on Lauren's lap. They pretty much had a relaxing day.)

Hopefully, you enjoyed this chapter. I fucking love this chapter. I know it wasn't much, but it was really sweet. There's one chapter left and then the epilogue. I'm not ready to let this story go, but it's time. I have some plans for the next chapter and the epilogue, so get ready for that. I just got out of school and today was Day 1 of finals! I took 3 finals today and I passed all 3. I took my Biomed, my PE, and my Algebra 1 final. For Biomed and Algebra 1 I got a B and PE, I got a C. I didn't necessarily get the grades I wanted on them, but at least I still passed them. But I still have 4 more finals to do. I have 2 more tomorrow and then 2 on Friday. Well, wish me luck. Anyway if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a vote, I would appreciate it. I hope to see you in the next chapter. Love you guys ❤️! mKay Bye!

— Citlaly